1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT BRAKE PADS FIT MY CAR???? HELP

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by CO11K9, Aug 20, 2012.

1. CO11K9

CO11K9 Member

[Aug 20, 2012]
    Hello
    Trying to buy front brake pads for my Audi A6 2001 4.2 V8 Avant Quattro, Apparently there are three different types, dont want to go to Audi direct, can anyone help,

Cheers Kevin
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Aug 20, 2012]
    Have you tried the normal alternatives such as Eurocar parts and GSF?

If you enter your reg number does it come back with one option or the three?

A
  4. TwistedMind

TwistedMind Long Live The A6

[Sep 5, 2012]
    Yes, go onto a brake specailst site and enter your reg. Do it on a few to check.
  5. Alski2009

Alski2009 Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Have you tried Ferodo DS2500 pads? Before I bought mine I tried 3 different types of pads. None of them were any good. The Ferodo pads are fantastic. It was tricky sourcing them. They do not have one for the allroad, but I found out that the C6 allroad has the same fitment which is ever so slightly bigger than the S8. All it means is you're short of a few mm in the corners, but the swept area is the same. They are proper race spec pads which work when cold & great when up to temperature, but squeak a bit. Bought mine from Larkspeed.
  6. ms1083

ms1083 Member

[Sep 18, 2012]
    I know your problems. I used unipart to get mine but they have 3 different sorts listed for my car, the ones they were sure were right were very much wrong! my car, A6 allroad, seems to always come up as a conventional A6 at part shops so be careful. Look in your service booklet, the front page with all the letters gives the details of the specifics for your car. Alternatively go to an audi independent garage with your service book and ask them to order you the parts for you to do yourself (most of them are ex dealer mechanics). Mine is very good with this, they use GSF parts for brakes etc and are more than happy to give advise and supply parts.