1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Audio System Have You Installed?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by PNH80, Aug 8, 2008.

1. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 12, 2008]
    The speakers are Bose, just not the tweeters as already said.
    Yes, Bose actually complicates the upgrade process, so by speccing it you need to ensure you're happy with it, which many strange people seem to be.
    With non Bose you can upgrade different bits at different times, so alot easier all round.
    You can use the stock speaker wiring but you'd need to locate any crossovers in the door panels and bypass the wiring to the tweeters. Rewiring the doors is a massive PITA, so I'd use the stock wiring especially if you're running it from an amp already in the boot.
    Sorry I didn't realise Audi have switched back to Grundig as an OEM supplier (didn't even know Grundig still existed!)
  2. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 12, 2008]
    Well my 2005 HU has a Grundig warranty sticker on it - so I guess they must still exist (or have existed in 2005).

Paul
  3. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

[Aug 12, 2008]
    Andymac...Where is the BOSE amp located in the car exactly?
    After properly looking into it, i wouldn't touch BOSE and i've previously defended it! Wouldn't actually bother with any of the standard Audi set up long term to be honest and that includes RNS-E.
    There's just so much better kit at cheaper prices. Sure some of it might not look totally OEM but lets be honest.... Do you listen to music or look at it?
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Aug 12, 2008]
    If you look at Pauls pic of the boot it's in the rear right hand side as your looking into the boot.! Opposite side to the sub

J.
  5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Aug 12, 2008]
    Ok ignore that Paul didn;t post it in this thread. Must have been a nother one I was reading...

J.
  6. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 12, 2008]