What Audi changed on my car...

V6Pete

Now running on Bentley's y'all
Reaction score
Finally received my invoice with a breakdown of all the parts Audi replaced when my car went into them.

Here goes....

Gasket x 1 @ £17.28
Chain x 1 @ £38.46
Chain x 1 @ £38.46
Tensioner x 1 @ £24.46
Timingcase (VVT solenoid?) x 1 @ £459.98
Tensioner x 1 @ £11.93
Pin x 1 @ £2.96
Rail x 1 @ £9.21
Sprocket x 1 @ £10.50
Pin x 1 @ £6.82
Filter element x 1 @ £5.20
Sealant x 2 @ £26.14
Sealant x 1 @ £9.28
Coolant x 3 @ £21.36
Seal Ring x 1 @ £1.43
Screw x 1 @ £1.43
Bolt x 10 @ £18.70
Bolt x 2 @ £0.38
Adjuster x 1 @ £251.94
Adjuster x 1 @ £257.63
Gasket x 1 @ £15.27
Sprocket x 1 @ £32.07
Pin x 2 @ £3.06
Guide Piece x 1 @ £3.53
Tensioner x 1 @ £24.46
Oil Seal x 1 @ £16.56
Brake De-dust x 2 (WTF?) @ £7.98

Grand total for parts £1513.09 inc VAT.

Ouch!

Bet it was the "Brake De-dust" that cured it....:)

Seriously though, it looks like that lot should be part of the 50k mile service in future..

thats rediculas, they charge for every little thing! i dont even bother going to dealers mainly for that reason!

they shouldn't have charged you for the brake de-dust, that should be something they have to supply themselves. it should be in the workshop. you should ask how much of the can they used, and if there is some left, ask to keep it, i bet they sprayed a tiny bit, or even none of it, just stored it for when they need it, on their own cars!

thats rediculas, they charge for every little thing! i dont even bother going to dealers mainly for that reason!

they shouldn't have charged you for the brake de-dust, that should be something they have to supply themselves. it should be in the workshop. you should ask how much of the can they used, and if there is some left, ask to keep it, i bet they sprayed a tiny bit, or even none of it, just stored it for when they need it, on their own cars!

The brake de dust will be a 10 second squirt of compressed air.....If they need hot air they use the service manager....

Good God!!!!!!

Hope they gave it a full valet? and the receptionist gave you a quick flash of her jambaleekahoonerburgers when she handed over the invoice

Full valet and a hand job whilst waiting for them to finish. A couple of the benefits of main dealers.

Seriously, looking at that list of parts, the brake de-dust was the least of my concerns!

The £500 of cam adjusters was the most over kill, as no reason to suggest these were an issue. But hey, Audi paid for 75% of them, so at £120, it's piece of mind to have them replaced, as a major job if they did ever happen to fail.

But I was impressed with the invoice (2 pages!) - I came to a good deal in the end though, I ended up paying £1100 against what would have been a £4000+ repair. Both Audi UK and Northampton Audi were fantastic in all fairness.

Bet it was the "Brake De-dust" that cured it....:)

Seriously though, it looks like that lot should be part of the 50k mile service in future..

Agreed, admittedly the 2 weeks they had my car for would be longer than ideal for a "major service"...

No mention of the oil pump in that little lot Pete, did they not change it after all?.
Looks very much like the list of parts they changed on mine, apart from the brake dust clean!

:ohmy: Nice shopping list Pete

4 grand's worth of work for 1100 isn't bad VFM, and peace of mind like you say