1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the options?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by exciter01, Sep 26, 2005.

1. exciter01

exciter01 Guest

[Sep 26, 2005]
    just picked up a 2.0T A3 and i'm thinking in a few months of giving it some more power

I've heard people mention Revo, what is it? My first impressions of the car are good but i think it could do with more torque

What do you recommend ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 26, 2005]
    The Revo code isn't released yet.

Other options are:

ForgeMotorSport
    Superchips
    AMD
    Oettinger
    APR

and i'm sure a few others. Don't just look at the peak bhp figure. The less professional outfits will use a tiny blip across about 100rpm as their max, despite the fact that the rest of the curve doesn't match up to it.

You're after a nice smooth curve, not a neck breaking jolt and then nothing.

Other options to look for are switchable codes via the ODBII port. Allows you to revert the car to the OEM code (or another) when you return it to the dealer having destroyed the clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  4. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Sep 26, 2005]
    Adi - take a look at the AmD group buy in the Group Buy forum of this site. You can save yourself a bundle!