What are the 225 S3's performance figures

David_Moon

Reaction score
I mentioned in another post that yesterday I bought the 225 Horsepower Audi S3. Gave it a quick test drive and enjoyed it a lot. I am now just looking forward to picking it up on the 17th of this month.

I suppose every car is different and figures depend on driver skills and weather to name but two, but what are the performace figures for the car (0-62? Standing 1/4 mile and standing km? Lb/Foot of torque?) I have read that the 225 gets to 60 in 6.6 secs but I read an old Impreza review where it battled out against a Golf V6 4 Motion and an older, 210HP s3. The 210 S3 supposedly reached the 62 mark in 6.4 seconds. I can't really find that much about facts/figures online and that's even on the Audi site.

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
David_Moon said:
I mentioned in another post that yesterday I bought the 225 Horsepower Audi S3. Gave it a quick test drive and enjoyed it a lot. I am now just looking forward to picking it up on the 17th of this month.

I suppose every car is different and figures depend on driver skills and weather to name but two, but what are the performace figures for the car (0-62? Standing 1/4 mile and standing km? Lb/Foot of torque?) I have read that the 225 gets to 60 in 6.6 secs but I read an old Impreza review where it battled out against a Golf V6 4 Motion and an older, 210HP s3. The 210 S3 supposedly reached the 62 mark in 6.4 seconds. I can't really find that much about facts/figures online and that's even on the Audi site.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right,

torque is 207lb/ft as standard although most cars produce a fair bit more than this.

0-60 figures are always higher than they should be as they ormally do this with half load so car is heavier than normal. Standing quarter for a 225 is 14.5 for a GOOD run.

Rich

LOL...

Difference is Gallardo cross the 1/4 mile line @ 122mph after 12.2s

S3 Crosses the line 2.3 seconds later at a rather less impressive 96mph

In a old Autocar group test the S3 performed the following:

0-60mph - 6.4secs
Standing 1/4 - 15secs@94mph
Lbs/Ft Torque 206 @2200-5500rpm
Top Speed 145mph

It all depends on diver skill on takeoff etc for lowering 0-60 times etc, they could be lower than above..
The Focus RS could only manage 14.8 @ 98mph for the 1/4(fastest S3 was second) however the S3 came out tops on the 0 - 30mph times at 1.9secs! Beating a Civic Type R, Focus RS, Subaru WRX and a Cupra R

I quote:

"The Focus RS could only manage 14.8 @ 98mph for the 1/4(fastest S3 was second) however the S3 came out tops on the 0 - 30mph times at 1.9secs! Beating a Civic Type R, Focus RS, Subaru WRX and a Cupra R"

Great for traffic light rallies then. I'll boot it straight up to to the designated 30mph speed limit, hit the breaks there and then toodle along watching the needle all the way up the road hehehe.

Thanks for the figures lads.

0 - 60 isnt a good benchmark for the S3 because it does'nt reach 60 in second gear where as most of the competition will (I would think) so you have an extra gear change added on to the time

[ QUOTE ]
pure said:
Out of interest....has any1 any proven 0-60 times chipped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Glen (Ess_Three) has his 0-60 figure from GTI-I last year.

It's a bit of a shock that the S3 doesn't reach 60 in second. Don't get me wrong I was KILLED (I mean KILLED) by one at some traffic lights in my Lupo Sport, but when redlined (i.e. screwed the b****cks off) the Lupo got to about 56 in second gear!

even with the extra gear changeto 60. Can't say anything has beaten me of the mark (traffic light granprix) to date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif