What are my alloys worth?

Y

Yohan87

I believe they are called "Volks Racing / Rays Engineering - Fortesst Touring Evolution". Seem to be quite rare and I think were manufactured in the 90's. Googling them seems to throw up classified ads from Oz.

17" x 8"
ET35 (Clear an AP Racing 4 pot / 330mm setup)
VAG 5/100 fitment with spigot rings

They are quite light weight as well (about 18.50kg with a Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 / 5mm tread fitted)

DSC_0002_zps1b56d673.jpg

DSC_0006_zps9edf4ba2.jpg

The wheels themselves are in great condition as I had them powder coated less than 2 years ago and have sealed them ever since. They've not seen a Winter in my ownership either.

They are fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's and all have at least 4mm of tread on them.

The only 2 negatives I would say they have are: -

1) Slight chip out the powder coating on one wheel where a stone must have hit it.

2) One of the wheels has a slight buckle (hesitant to use that word because it isn't as bad as it sounds). The seller told me about this when I bought them from him but as he also said, they balance up just fine. I have that particular wheel on the rear end and I definitely don't get any vibration issues from it.

So what do you think I should be asking for them?

Cheers

How long is a piece of string?

Exactly twice as long as half its length :)

I know what you mean though, they are only worth what somebody is willing to pay etc.

I only asked because they aren't something you see for sale very often. If it was a set of Ronals, RS4s or BBS reps then it would be easier to know the going rate.

I do like these rims, I must admit. I wouldn't mind them as track wheels. Best bet is to bang them on ebay and stick a reserve you are happy with then see how far they go?

I'll probably end up doing that. Just fed up with the time wasters eBay attracts :(

I want as much as possible because the money will be going towards powder coating my oem r32 alloys and putting fresh rubber on them.