1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are my alloys worth?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Yohan87, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Yohan87

Yohan87 Member

[Jul 9, 2013]
    I believe they are called "Volks Racing / Rays Engineering - Fortesst Touring Evolution". Seem to be quite rare and I think were manufactured in the 90's. Googling them seems to throw up classified ads from Oz.

17" x 8"
    ET35 (Clear an AP Racing 4 pot / 330mm setup)
    VAG 5/100 fitment with spigot rings

They are quite light weight as well (about 18.50kg with a Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 / 5mm tread fitted)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheels themselves are in great condition as I had them powder coated less than 2 years ago and have sealed them ever since. They've not seen a Winter in my ownership either.

They are fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's and all have at least 4mm of tread on them.

The only 2 negatives I would say they have are: -

1) Slight chip out the powder coating on one wheel where a stone must have hit it.

2) One of the wheels has a slight buckle (hesitant to use that word because it isn't as bad as it sounds). The seller told me about this when I bought them from him but as he also said, they balance up just fine. I have that particular wheel on the rear end and I definitely don't get any vibration issues from it.

So what do you think I should be asking for them?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

4. Yohan87

Yohan87 Member

[Jul 9, 2013]
    Exactly twice as long as half its length :)

I know what you mean though, they are only worth what somebody is willing to pay etc.

I only asked because they aren't something you see for sale very often. If it was a set of Ronals, RS4s or BBS reps then it would be easier to know the going rate.
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 9, 2013]
    I do like these rims, I must admit. I wouldn't mind them as track wheels. Best bet is to bang them on ebay and stick a reserve you are happy with then see how far they go?
  6. Yohan87

Yohan87 Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    I'll probably end up doing that. Just fed up with the time wasters eBay attracts :(

I want as much as possible because the money will be going towards powder coating my oem r32 alloys and putting fresh rubber on them.