1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Air Filter..

Discussion in 'DPM Performance' started by All_Torque, Mar 24, 2010.

1. All_Torque

All_Torque Member

I know its been asked but couldnt find anything in the search (unless i was doing it wrong?!)

But for my A4 1.9TDI 54 plate would be the best route to go, i've been looking at K&N and PiperX replacement panel filters, but wondered if it was was that worthwhile a mod to make or whether the stock filter is sufficient and whether the aftermarket choices would cause issues being oil based?!

Only reason for asking is on the Scoobys oiled filters killed MAFS and wondered if audi suffered the same or something similar.
  2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Morning,

We do the Pipercross panel filters which are no longer oil based so will be fine for what your wanting.

Some people see them as pointless and some see them as really worth while, they do allow more airflow and are also washable which will save money in the long run. They also give a much better noise then the standard filter.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/pip...-19tdi-20-24-v6-25tdi-30-fwd-1100-p-4729.html

Damian @ DPM Performance
  3. All_Torque

All_Torque Member

:icon_thumright: Cheers i'm not a fan of stock filters on any car tbh
  4. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

ITG panel filter all the way!:hubbahubba: