What a wonderful car...

Cantata

Reaction score
Just wanted to sound off in pleasure about my 12-plate A6 S-line Avant auto 3.0TDi.....
Bought it 3 years ago, it was 16 months old with 15K miles on it. Basic S-Line plus lower suspension and a lights package.
It's now well into its 5th year, coming up to 40K miles. Apart from routine servicing it's had two new tyres and one new windscreen. Only thing that's gone wrong (touch wood touch wood) was the solenoid on the fuel filler flap failed when I'd had it for a week.
We only use it for longer trips, nothing under 10 miles so that the engines warms through. Fuel consumption averages around 46-47. Did a 200-mile round-trip yesterday, mostly on busy motorways, lolloping along with the traffic in near silence at 70-ish, occasional flick down to blast past a lane-hogger, and the consumption for the day was 52.5mpg, yes that's right, 52.5.
Just a lovely car. Wanted plenty of space and comfort and above all safety, having been taken out by a foreign lorry a few years ago when I was in my third Saab, a car that probably saved my life.
Was thinking today, had the Audi for 3 years, it's 4 years old, I ought to change it. But you know what - why should I? What on earth would I get that does the job better? For once I think I might just keep this one.

Reactions: Audimad, oldoiler, rassi and 5 others
I have 3.0 Quattro saloon mapped to just below 300hp and get just under 53/54 @ 80 mph on long runs. They are a great comfortable cruiser (12plate) but NOT on supermarket fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to sound off in pleasure about my 12-plate A6 S-line Avant auto 3.0TDi.....
Bought it 3 years ago, it was 16 months old with 15K miles on it. Basic S-Line plus lower suspension and a lights package.
It's now well into its 5th year, coming up to 40K miles. Apart from routine servicing it's had two new tyres and one new windscreen. Only thing that's gone wrong (touch wood touch wood) was the solenoid on the fuel filler flap failed when I'd had it for a week.
We only use it for longer trips, nothing under 10 miles so that the engines warms through. Fuel consumption averages around 46-47. Did a 200-mile round-trip yesterday, mostly on busy motorways, lolloping along with the traffic in near silence at 70-ish, occasional flick down to blast past a lane-hogger, and the consumption for the day was 52.5mpg, yes that's right, 52.5.
Just a lovely car. Wanted plenty of space and comfort and above all safety, having been taken out by a foreign lorry a few years ago when I was in my third Saab, a car that probably saved my life.
Was thinking today, had the Audi for 3 years, it's 4 years old, I ought to change it. But you know what - why should I? What on earth would I get that does the job better? For once I think I might just keep this one.

Great story.

Reactions: oldoiler