What a weekend!

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I had an interesting weekend... Its my little sisters wedding and oh god she looked amazing! bless her, its so nice to see her happy :kiss:

but about the car... so im rushing around from the hall to home getting things as they forgot the first time around. i pull up onto the drive with 2 wheels on the kerb as im just going to grab the cake and put it in the car and drive off again. So i went in, got the cake and came out to see that my uncle somehow did not see a black car behind him and gently reversed into the door... not only did he hit the car he carried on going until a nice fat dent was left in the side :mad: and yes the car is filthy!

0bea9e80.jpg
2e74ce62.jpg

i am claiming off the insurance to get it sorted but those to$$ers are taking ages to get the car collected and put into the garage.

oh and to make things worse... luck just had it that on the same day my iPhone 4 would jump out of my pocket and hit the ground cracking the top glass :3sadwalk:

anyway some pics of my baby sis since i was on the subject:
bc20cd3b.jpg

13b7fb3c.jpg

96a5a2d0.jpg

My lil cuzzy and me
323d3b60.jpg

Posing in front of my dented baby
5b334568.jpg

P*ssed about the dent, hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction.

But look on the bright side.... you're rockin' some gangsta white loafers. :yes: :happy:

Yh worst thing is its my uncle who Dad looks up to... so i can't say a thing to him about it, Dad would loose it if i did.

my mate who is my mechanic and bodyshop has some outstanding paint work left to do so i'm wanting the insurance to get the car to him to do the work on the dent and hopefully can smarten up the rest of the paintwork...

feels so crap to drive around knowing there is an ugly dent in the car... feels like people are looking and laughing when i drive past :3sadwalk:

Bad times mate,i really hope you get it sorted ok.
If your passing any friends make sure they only see the good side,even if you have to drive in reverse lol

bad news about the car but did you win your bet with the shoes lol:puke: hope you get it sorted soon

Bet you feel gutted!
is that x5 in the background wrapped??

Its a X6 wrapped in matte black and carbon bonnet and mirrors

e9c30350.jpg

9cb58501.jpg

b6f2cb49.jpg

16bed8ca.jpg

Why dont you just get it done privately through a bodyshop? Would cost you about £300?

because i need a car on a daily basis and through insurance i can get a courtesy car. spoke to my mate at the garage who said he can have it all set up properly

Nice shoes :arco:

Thanks... i do like those shoes but i don't get why everyone is commenting on them :tumble:

hahahahaha! :lmfao: guys it was the theme...
grey suits, white shirts, red ties and white shoes... my brother and sisters husbands were all wearing the same :ninja:

I thought that was an X6 that your sister was sitting in. At first I thought your sister was sitting in the back of a regular car and was just really small but then I realised the sill was very high so realised it must be one of those BMW steroid cars.

My sister reversed into my black golf leaving a dent like that. I took it to the most expensive place to get it fixed to teach her a lesson. We have no respect for each other in my family ;)

At least it looks like you had a good day despite the dent.

Yh apart from the dent and cracked iPhone the whole weekend has been good, i met some cousins that i had last seen in dipers... its soo weird seeing these 'kids' now grown up with their own opinions. lol
its nice to get along with family, as long as they are the kind of people that can be 'gotten' along with! I have too many aunts and uncles of the other type :gun2:

congrats to your sis on her wedding bro. DAMN THO thats a nasty hit on the car. Hope you get it sorted

you know the funny thing is that he was reversing slowly into the car, it wasn't like he hit it hard with a bang! and even though he hit the door he just kept on going until the car wasnt able to carry on going

8b7f9ccd.jpg

I feel your pain! This happened to my S3 2 weeks after I bought it. Luckily the person who hit it left their details.

Last edited:
Are you really making a claim on your insurance for this without involving your uncle or his insurance? Surely if your family have a lot of respect for him maybe a quite word aside without involving your dad might work? Did he admit it, does he know that you know it was him?

Tell me to butt out if it's complicated, I know families can be, but I wouldn't lose my no claims bonus for no one!

P.S. Love the shoes! Lol

Last edited:
Basically dad saw it and told my uncle on the spot so there was no way he could deny it, plus he was trying to reverse off our drive and my car was in the way, but in the end dad said that he cant let me claim against my uncle out of respect so he gave his own details and told me to just claim on him (dad). I know its a little messed up but im going to pay dad back a bit, and dad understands my passion for my car and said he would pay to get it repaired anyway as he feels responsible...

oh and thanks on the shoes comment

Last edited:
Itwasntme187 - your dads a good guy! its good when your family understand your passion for your wheels! A mate had a similar situation but his family weren't so understanding.

Aww Ash, that's such a shame about your car :(. Hope you get it fixed soon, dude. On a happier note, those are beautiful pics of your li'l sis's wedding day and I for one think your shoes (and the rest of your outfit) looked great! :)

Paulie x

no dude not white shoes? :crying:

sorry to hear about the car bro!

and yeh i agree with above, dont make a claim of your insurance, for a few hundred quid now, you will lose the same amount or may be more in the coming years with your insurance. In my past experience, car insurers are the biggest ****'s ive ever seen, I had a non fault accident 3 years ago, which is still affecting my insurance - how? thats beyond me :(

As i said before i am not claiming against myself, believe me i know its not worth it one bit. the price of the premium that goes up is daylight robbery!

its affecting you because the cheeky barstards are sitting on your excess money and trying to earn interest off it. 3 years ago my ford focus was written off and it took them 2 months just to pay out for the car and then another year to pay out for injury.
you need to call them and get them to close the claim as its open for no reason. you could use file a complaint against the insurance company as its still affecting you and for as long as the claim is not closed it sits against you as a fault (regardless of it not being your fault) they need to actually close the claim stating you are not at fault!
here is a link for complaints if you want to go down that route File an Insurance Company Complaint: Reporting a Complaint about an Insurance Agency or Company | Suite101.com

cheers for the link dude gonna give it a read over now...

but as far as i know, the claim was closed, the other lady tried claiming injury but my insurers proved it to be her fault, i got haunted by claim management companies for like a year to put a claim for injuries as my insurance sold my details on. I was actually surprised to know that one of the biggest law firms in the country actually started processing my claim for injuries - it was only 4 months after they had started it i got a letter from them asking for some medical details - i was shocked how without any authority from me they went on - later i found out that my insurance company (direct line) actually sold the claim to Minster Law Solicitors for a bit of commission and left me with a mess.

Even today when i try and get a quote it remains high even if i put it wasnt my fault...really bugs me seriously! but the link you gave me up will be helpful...lets get them suckers back i say :arco:

Mate, its so annoying when things like this happen. Someone reversed into my wing 3 months ago and I had to wait 9 weeks for a new wing to be delivered from Germany. I hated driving it and could hardly bring myself to wash it. I ended up getting a new front bumper though and the body shop fitted my black grill for free so in the end it was a win.
A word on insurance. I recently renewed mine and had to tell them I had been involved in an accident(even though the other party admitted liability) and my premium went up slightly. They said that they work on the probability that the next accident will be your fault? Tw&ts!! The feckers should wear masks!!!!

Hope you get it sorted quickly!

Last edited:
Ash, sorry to hear about your car, hope it gets fixed soon. Your sister looked amazing, and i also want to say, i liked the white shoes, they are wicked, lol.

lmao at their respone! the incompetence behind the scenes of these big companies is unreal! like if someone bangs into you when you are parked up makes it probable that you would now be possessed by demonic powers with a hunger to cause accidents hence why the raised premium? ahhh! utter bas***ds

anyways, defo a win for the grille! do you not have any pics or a build thread for your ride?

anyways, defo a win for the grille! do you not have any pics or a build thread for your ride?
is that to me?
if so then no not yet got a build thread, i keep wanting to do it when i am bored at work but never have the pics with me... should just upload it all to photobucket and get started tomorrow.

Slightly off topic, but had a bad crash last year not my fault. Had to find my own solicitor who is dealing with it now. Other party admitted liability.
My insurers, couldnt be less helpful, I told them I had a letter from other tp insurers accepting liability. 1 year down the line and they havent done anything about it. Had the cheek to ask me for a copy of the letter!! You would think they would be proactive in getting money from other companies??

Steve Jobs & his monkey glass huh, yeah 10x stronger until you drop it lmfao.

We know who you are now :p & whats up with this uncle, dad, car, you story, sod that mate, if anyone should have respect it should be your uncle to not even expect no return on it, he should say here's my policy number son, claim away, sorted, that is how to earn & give respect, dont know if it has a hidden theme here between them, but if anyone expects me not to ask them to get it fixed, then forget it & even worse a family member, why your old man has to cough up is so over my head, but alas.

As for the shoes, lmfao sorry but aythree did it for me with MJ, lmfao classic real classic lmfao & N8 brought the house down lmfao

Sister looks happy fella, wish her luck.