1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what a waste

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Crazylow, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Crazylow

Crazylow Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 28v6

28v6 Guest

Yes, How true... it is that A WASTE of a perfectly great car... however to try and put it back on the road is shear madness, look at it, its been hit from all angles, I wonder on close inspection, was there a fatality?, look at the drivers seat looks well disoloured ( and that ain't a surprise considering the damage, but I would say that its BER (Beyond Economical Repair) as the price of parts and labour would outweigh the value of the car IMHO.

4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Lol. He wants 20K for it on his webste.

press

5. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I reckon it'd be a close one as to whether or not it'd be worth repairing... Certainly not if the reserve on his auction is anything like £20k; but what does the damage actually run to?

OK, it needs A LOT of bodywork, and probably the back end is going to be very costly; the only bit that would actually worry me is the passenger's side rear-quarter; because there's going to be some extensive chopping and welding there; but the roof's straight, the chasis I would guess is straight as the car's not twisted, everything internally looks to be in the right place, the engine bay looks straight and so does the boot-floor; added to that the passenger's side exhaust hasn't moved.

It doesn't look like there'd be too much mechanical work, as it's all on visible on the driver's wing, but it doesn't look to have gone too deep; probably a bit of costly suspension, drivetrain and brake repair in that corner, but probably nowhere else.

And added to all that, none of the airbags look to have fired...

I think if his reserve is a chunk less than £20k and you were a good mechanic, or sleeping with one, you could probably do it, but I suppose any spare parts that are solely designed for the RS6 are probably at even more of a premium than the rest?

Regards,

Rob.

6. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

20k seems steep! If you could get it for sensible money it would make a great donor car for an engine transplant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

I might ask if the engine will fit in an A3 Sportback..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

However, the airbags do not seem to have been deployed, and this is backed up by the text on the site.... I wonder what happend to it - maybe was whacked real hard while parked up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

8. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

[ QUOTE ]
    I might ask if the engine will fit in an A3 Sportback..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

However, the airbags do not seem to have been deployed, and this is backed up by the text on the site.... I wonder what happend to it - maybe was whacked real hard while parked up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I guess it would fit assuming you've got folding rear-seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I hadn't noticed the text backing-up the photos which seemed to show the airbags in tact... I'm willing to bet you're right and it's been hit while parked.

The more I look at it, the more I can believe that you could get it back on the road with some degree of purpose. I think I've been brain-washed by my friend using my PC to hunt out salvage/repair Golf Mk. 1s and 2s for the past few months!!!

Rob.

9. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

re-shell not possible then?

10. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

I dunno about you guys but imagine buying THAT car after it had been repaired from this condition, and finding out about the damage later......

I'd not be a happy man!!

But I suppose the right person can work wonders with this sort of thing. I know someone that works in an accident repair centre and it's scary what they can do with what looks like an absolute mangled wreck to the untrained eye.....

11. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Nice avatar Audiboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Reminds me of my old one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

12. dummi

dummi smoking a6

its too expensive to be economic imagine getting hold of spares for an rs6

especially when theres two perfectly good rs6's already on the bay

grey rs6
    same grey colour as mine that :wub:

and a red one looks awesome and very low miler

red rs6 avant

13. Markb

Markb Active Member

Hmm would be good in a smaller Audi, but I can't see it fitting some how LOL

14. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice avatar Audiboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Reminds me of my old one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Yeah!!!

I'm in love........

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

15. mwstewart

mwstewart Member

Needs a re-shell really, not sure if they are still available.