1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a load of F-ing grrrr.......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by IceHanger, May 5, 2012.

1. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member

[May 5, 2012]
    can anyone guess?

The engine cover / airbox / maf housing...what a ****e design!!! as soon as I can afford the ITG system it's going on.
    could I get it off with a warm engine...could I heck:wtf:...kneeling in the engine bay and swearing...result

Now after checking the intake and turbo system for splits and plugs....can I bloody get it back on!!!!!!:banghead:

rant over:aggressive:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

[May 5, 2012]
    Mines a doddle now but yes it's a right ball ache when it's not been removed for a while. Another reason why I knew Guildford Audi had done **** all the the Jaffa
  4. JS3

JS3 Member

[May 7, 2012]
    Absolute b*ll ache...!

I went to Harrogate Audi to ask a tech to loosen it (afraid of breaking the cover) and they told me that they couldn't do it for me but only instruct - sounds like he had broken a few in his time and didn't want the risk. I tried the warm engine trick and in the end just pulled so hard that I actually broke the rubber mount.

Good tip is to put some copper slip onto the rubber nodules to make it easier next time. (Although I haven't had it off since!)
  5. p_trouble

p_trouble Member

[May 7, 2012]
    easy way to get it back on is to spray some Furniture Polish on the rubbers! slides on easy