1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a find!!! There if you want it fellas!

phoenixv6quattro May 6, 2010

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Hello guys. Went to Aldershot car spares (big ol scrap yard in surrey) today to pick up a black leather interior. The car it came, a 1999 audi 1.8 TQS, has got the full double din set up with genuine Audi Nav plus/dvd. Not a scratch on the console/screen! Anyway I came close but have other plans for my dash.......The cars been there a while and was only put in for the scrappage scheme and a whiny transfer box. The guy told me he wants 50 squid the lot! A STEAL! Due to time constraints I didnt have time to get it out, and I wont be going back as its a way from me (only went for the interior, which I didnt get but thats another story!). Its the kind of place where you bring your toolbox and help yourself. So if anyone lives nearby and fancies a double din dash with sat nav/tv go get it! Www.aldershotcarspares......have fun(and show pics of the install!lol!)....

2. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Fookin ell, thatsa bit of a billy bargain, sat nav units alone go upwards £2-400 bucks. Id go for it if it was near me.

3. Drizz

Drizz Project Plush

only 90 mins away but cant be arsed lol. Shame as thats a steal!

4. 205man

205man Active Member

im in that area this weekend so ive sent mail to them and makes it easier for me as i have the double din dash already in my car lol

5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Good man, go get it.....i'll buy it off you for £45 :whistle2:

6. phoenixv6quattro

Yeah tell me about it!lol!-Those things (1999 ones) dvd too, or just satnav and tv?

7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

So you keep the nav unit and then sell the DD console for enough to cover the costs, sorted

8. 205man

205man Active Member

sounds like a good idea to me lol.......

where does the satnav get its gps signal from? is it internal ? or as i suspect an external unit somewhere

9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

ye its external, not sure where it is though.

10. phoenixv6quattro

The car is missing its engine, orher than that all parts are present. I nicked the facelift headlight looms, some trim clips, the heater vents, a hazard switch and a handfull of fuses.

11. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member It's my birthday

Damnit!!! They have a facelift bumper in the right colour for my car there as well. I'm skint now :0(

12. BigJimKnickers

BigJimKnickers New Member

nice, I drive past that breakers every day, its about 10 miles from my house, id have no idea how to fit it/if it would even go in mine... it be nice tho.

13. phoenixv6quattro

I'm going back there in a week or so to pick up some rear black leather seats(I'm changing my front and rear cream leather seats for black ones-if anyone has a black leather interior please let me know and I will def buy off you!!!), so If none of you bunch grabs it by then I will collar it and sell it on here. If anyones interested please contact me....

14. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

id definatly be interested !!!!!!!!!!
    been searching since ive had my a4 with no luck

15. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

Damn it!

I've been in Gatwick for 4 weeks solid. If I'd have known about this last week, I'd have gone in there and taken the front bumper off that bad boy! Grrrrrr!