Wet rear footwell

Phil_Cool

Reaction score
Hheellpp

I've recently purchased a 2006 Audi A4 convertible S Line. After having a fortnight of solid rain and the car staying water tight it has now developed a slight water leak (Carpet damp!) in the rear footwell (drivers side). An educated guess is saying its leaking through the door seal even though it looks good (no tears or perishing)

Anybody ever encounter a similar issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Replies greatly appreciated. Cheers

Not sure the A4 B7 cabs suffered from this, but check in the rear wing/plenum chamber area in bay for any build up of leaves etc to stop draining, also test the seals with a hosepipe with door shut.

Cheers for the reply NHN. When you say the plenum chamber do you mean the front end (where battery is located) are there any drains in the convertible hood compartment?

Yeah someone in the battery area, some cars have had wet floors due to this area getting blocked by leaves, not sure A4 cab suffers.

I'll check there too, cheers mate, should have looked today but it was freezing outside! Lol

Hey Phil,

Don't know bout the convertibles but I had an a4 B7 until fairly recently. Car had wet carpet in front passenger footwell after loads of rain; cause: blocked bulkhead drains up front under the battery due to pine needles blocking them; I live in a forest, lol! Cleared drains, by popping out rubber bung under there, but to late 4 my car as fried comfort control module... Good advice from above check and clear any blocked rain drains. Due to where I live I have added this to my maintenence checks every 2 weeks on my merc. Tyre condition and pressures, bulbs, wipers, fluid levels and rain drains..! Know wot you mean bout temperatures as snow falling 2day. . .

Still leaking!!! Grrr!!

An update if anyone can help! The water appears to be coming in between the rubber seal and the plastic sill cover!! A little bit at the front but mainly in the rear footwell!! Any ideas? Help greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 550
Has the door sill perished as I know after a while the A4 ones do start to wear & fall apart after a while.

Looks pretty good, I'm going to try moisturising them next dry day, they all look intact but don't think a bit of Vaseline or grease would harm! Read somewhere that rubber dry out and are not as effective. I did wonder if it was running down the seal in front or rear of aperture but its always dry there! Cheers for your continued help NHN! ;-)