Werkstatt on Dolphin Grey

rowdyboy

Reaction score
I tried out my new Werkstatt Acrylic kit over the weekend, VERY pleased with the results!
GetAttachment22-1.jpg

th_avatar1.jpg

th_GetAttachment3.jpg

th_GetAttachment22.jpg

th_GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment12-1.jpg

th_DSC_0007.jpg

th_DSC_0006.jpg

th_DSC_0005.jpg

th_DSC_0003.jpg

th_DSC_0001.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

:rockwoot:

Sorry about the irregular pic size, i'm rubbish with technology, lol.

Very nice mate. Have been a big fan of the werkstat kit since I got my Sprint Blue S3. Not only does it look fantastic its mega easy to put on....simpleeees

Anyway, you want to move your car....looks like the front is melting on the last pic :)

Looks nice, I'm quite interested in this having Dolphin Grey myself. Can you try and post the pics a bit bigger please?

I will try my best to post some better pics over the next few days.

To be honest i don't think i would go for this colour again, it only looks really good when its freshly polished and its sunny. In most weather conditions it can just look a bit dull. It needs a slightly higher METALLIC content really to make it "sparkle" a bit more but not so it looks tacky.

how many applications, rowdyboy?!

interesting to see the durability you get here..

So far, one layer of prime applied by machine and two coats of jet by hand. I think i will apply some more jet after the next wash then after susequent washes glos.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

GetAttachment12-1-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

GetAttachment22-2.jpg

Looks good! Funny you don't like the colour much, I really like mine and the depth of the paint with the matallic speckles in it looks very impressive when clean. I'm sure they look better on a sunny day, but I think that's typical of most metallic paints isn't it?

Looks good! Funny you don't like the colour much, I really like mine and the depth of the paint with the matallic speckles in it looks very impressive when clean. I'm sure they look better on a sunny day, but I think that's typical of most metallic paints isn't it?

I didn't say I don't like it, it just wouldn't be my first choice if I changed cars. Some other colours seem to look good no matter what the weather (sprint blue). With the grey you have to put a lot of effort in then you are relying on the uk weather to appreciate it. The depth is really impressive though, as per the pics. As for the "sparkle" you don't see it at all unless it's sunny or you look really closely. Maybe I just think the grass is always greener!!! If you look at the blue car in the background on one pic, when that's polished the metal pop is visible/impressive no matter what the conditions.

Yeah fair one, I quoted you out of context a bit there, sorry :thumbsup:

No worries mate.

Anyway back to the original point of this thread, I would definitely recommend the werkstat kit on this colour, easy to use and great results.

I will post on the durability in due course jimmeh but I havnt read any particular issues with it, that's why I went for it. I am nowhere near your sort of standard so what's good for me might not be good enough for you. I'm not a detailer, just an enthusiastic cleaner, lol.

Hmm, got to love Werkstat on mid tone grey finishes - lovely mix of wetness and reflectivity. I know what you mean about some mid-tone greys - UK spec paints are really low in metallic content compared to what you get in the US. Damn shame, as very heavy flakes really suit such colours... and look unreal in the sun! Nice work, thanks for sharing it. :icon_thumright:

It's been about 7 months since I posted this thread and as promised I am updating on the durability of the Werkstat acrylic kit. The finish and protection is still amazing, I have been using the werkstat shampoo and have topped up with glos maybe 2-3 times. I am very happy with it's performance and when clean it still beads extremely well. The paintwork is still mirror finished after a snow foam and 2 bm wash. I would recommend this to anyone.

Hey, I normally wax but the acrylic products are really something. I think I'm gonna use the werksat for my winter protection next year and give the colli a rest. Glossy!

wow those pics look imense! I might have to buy some of the werkstatt aryclic stuff from PB!

Nice work!

One question, will this be an all year round kit you would use? Or just for winter?

Thanks,
Dan

All year round mate, those pics were taken in August. I hadn't got my polishing machine when i did it, so hopefully this year i may get even better results when it gets a full detail and paint correction.
Cheers for the positive comments guys.

Thanks for the update - really appreciate the feedback. Werkstat acrylic really is a super system on grey metallic/pearlescent finishes. :sm4: