were to get the A4 BTCC style front splitter?

CJDONNY

Reaction score
Have come across a few pics of the touring car with the front splitter on

can anyone tell me were you can get it from?

audi-a4-btcc.png

thanks

only reason i ask is when i get the new Audi,i may want to do a replica of it with the old one

thanks for them pics,cant say im mutch a fan of it from the side picture

Got to say, that is a lovely A4.....But that splitter just ruins the whole car!! It looks like its come straight out of max-power/halfrauds! I went to the new West London Audi dealership a few months ago, They have some truly amazing cars there (LM, S1, SPORT QUATTRO, A4 SUPER TOURER......To name a few). Its free, you get brews brought to you all day long, you can take as many pics as you like, and sit in all the new Audis.....All you have to do is phone them in advance and book a viewing of the Quattro room, thats where the BTCC is/S1 etc...I took loads of pics. Here are some ones of the BTCC car.

P291209_13140003.jpg

P291209_13140004.jpg

P291209_13120001.jpg

Its funny, I always thought the BTCC cars were all S4's??? On this one its a sandard A4 front bumper etc....Can anyone clarify?

They were only really shells, most other components were changed for weight saving stuff. Plus it was only a 1.9/2.0. Went to see BTCC at brands years ago, great series, also saw the Historic F1's, awesome!!

Last edited:
Thats interesting maye I didn't know that. I honestly thought they were all S4's! I take it the 2l lump was turbocharged?-The historic F1's.......bet that was awesome! I can still remember going to Silverstone with my dad in the early 1980's, when they were all turbocharged running 1400+bhp. They were so loud, you could hear them on qulifying days (when they whacked the boost pressure up to ridiculous PSI's) from 5 miles away....
Check it out.......

senna_mexico_lotus.jpg

Sennas car....Look at the ducts/intakes for the turbos (Just infront of the rear wheel)

Honda_RA168E_engine_Honda_Collectio.jpg

1400+bhp and so noisy spectators were deaf after 5 mins.....When the "screamer" pipes (seen here on the external wastegate) were still legal!!!! Sounded like a harrier jumpjet taking off.:)

Last edited:
They were N/A and pushing nigh on 300 brake!! Some a non believers and say it was all exaggerated in terms of outputs, but i know someone who built a racing mini with a redtop vauxhall engine, he worked at birmingham uni, the main engine guy said he would spec the engine to 300bhp to keep it reliable, so i AM a believer! Nissan were pushing over 300bhp

Thats also very interesting! I take it that kind of power on an NA 2.0ltr engine would come from a gas flowed head, lumpy cams, tons of fuelling, a free flowing exhaust/inlet system and shed loads of mapping (STANDALONE OF COURSE!).....

its a whole package really.

You need plenty of revs (probably 9k) so the bottom end will be specced to the moon, crank, rods, pistons etc. It will probably be dry sumped too, to stop oil surge on hard cornering.

The head will have had major work smoothing porting etc etc, probably oversize valves, and the camshafts will be specced to push the power right up into the 7-9krpm range and the hydraulic lifters will be scrapped for solid ones.

Inlet will be perfectly matched to the power band, in terms of inlet runner length and will be on multiple throttle bodies

Exhaust primaries will be designed to the perfect length and carefully matched into a collector.

Heres an example of a 300hp kit for a Vauxhall 2.0 XE engine:
http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Taper Kits/N... kits 6th upgrade/2.0L TP kit 6th upgrade.htm

alot of money is needed for a high power xe as mine was about £7000 with the dry sump etc and i was only making 226bhp in the old chavy corsa i had before i see sense and got an audi

Can anyone add some more Touring car pictures/videos info of the Audi please please please

The BTCC at the time regulated a capacity of 2 litres and normal aspiration with power output capped at 300bhp

Ford used a sleeved V6 Mazda engine in their Pro-Drive fettled Mondeo.

Best looking touring car? Has to be the 80's legend that was the Eggenberger RS500.

My Forza 3 homage

EGG3.jpg

Last edited: