1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WELSH MEET

Discussion in 'Major UK Events' started by ANDYTQ, Jul 21, 2004.

1. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Is there going to be a meet over the Christmas period, just thinking of ways to get away from the Sales and getting drunk too much. Will miss the next meet off to Australia with work on Saturday. if anyone is up for it let me know and we could arrange something.
  2. ttandka

ttandka Member

[Nov 18, 2004]
    Hey guys, guess what I got through the post this morning??

A bloody speeding fine for the day I came to see you!!!!

Bloody speed cameras
  3. pazaz

pazaz Member

[Nov 21, 2004]
    Unlucky M8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Much over the limit?
  4. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Dec 1, 2004]
    The seat boys will be meeting this sat,to hopefully check out Adams beast which finally should be finished on friday,so feel free to pop along.I can't make it on sat and we are all going up to stealth's rolling road day on sun.See you all next month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  5. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Dec 29, 2004]
    Next meet 2nd sat of Jan ,new location narwgarw showcase cinema etc off A470,will meet up at far end away from cimemas ,this is because of new parking charges at the bay.We may change it again,open to suggestions.Same time 1.30 pm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  6. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

[Dec 30, 2004]
    See you there on the 8th.
  7. pazaz

pazaz Member

[Dec 31, 2004]
    Is it the 8th or Sat the 2nd?

8. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Feb 1, 2005]
    Next meet this saturday 1.30,NEW location,the Ffynon Wen pub off the B4623 from Cardiff before it crosses over M4 and leads on to Caerphillly .Its on the right after the Nine Giants pub and car sales on the left(from cardiff).Its another trial location,but would be good in the summer due to a large seating area outside in the front next to the car park with has huge umbrellas in case of showers.Large car park ,good food and car club friendly staff,Club gti/Elite 1000 have used it for years(i've been attending meets there for 10 + years).Cupranet members should be in attendance and Briskoda have been sent a invite.Cheers Andy
  9. pazaz

pazaz Member

[Feb 7, 2005]
    Nice location Andy.

Will try and be at the next one and hang around a bit longer, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Any good last Sat?
  10. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Feb 11, 2005]
    Yes it was good Taffy,we just need more people now,a couple of the seat guys are carless atm due to mods,one having fitted a garrett gt28rs to a ibiza(Adam),the other a ko4/ko3s hybrid (AM04)fitted to another ibiza(Mike) and another two are awaiting delivery of Fabia vrs's .Matt one of the guys with a Leon R (jabba'd&fmic and A&M 3 " full exhaust)is concidering fitting a large garrett too!,should be interesting for the S3 guys! The A&M guys are trying to get me to fit one of their am04 hybrids ,injectors and fmic as a demonstrator.(so cheap) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gifCheers Andy
  11. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

[Feb 21, 2005]
    So is that going to be March 6th. You can rely on me.
  12. [Feb 22, 2005]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  13. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Feb 23, 2005]
    Rog went to jabba yesterday now 282bhp in his Leon R(black one) !result /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  14. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Mar 6, 2005]
    Not a bad meet,it was dry,shame it clashed with mothers day.Turnout was good 3 audis,3 skodas and 3 seat's .It was nice to see some new faces,just need to up the numbers now but i think as the weather warms up more people will turn up in their gleaming machines,unlike mine today sorry i have been very busy.What did you think of the Leon R's Chris,Matt said you went quiet when he accelerated up the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifsee you guys next month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  15. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Mar 7, 2005]
    I will bring a modded standard airbox and a dynatwist along next month for you and the octy guy to try.I'll take you for a spin as well to show you the difference a few mods makes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  16. [Mar 8, 2005]
    Fantastic, i'll bring my wallet... you bring your screwdriver!
  17. [Mar 8, 2005]
    Naturally, for anyone who maybe intererested the SEAT ENTHUSIASTS CLUB are running thsi post:

March's Local Meet / Report 27th March @ 1:30pm - Bridgend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And its that time of month again! the monthly meet up!
    This time we have a change! Not in the time or the day of week but in the place!
    Its gonna be on 27th March, at 1:30pm. Meeting up in the McArthur Glen retail outlet car park.
    The exact place of the meet will be posted up next week, so you can find us easy.
    Here we have bars, cafe for food and of course the bowling alley.

The day, or afternoon as it is, will begin with intro's, have a bit of a natter, and depending on the weather, either shoot indoors to chat and have a drink, or check over the vehicles etc.
    Eventually we will end up indoors for drinks, probably a bit of food too.
    Then when the conversation if almost dead, or we just cant wait any longer, we will shoot off over to bowling.
    No-one has to play unless they want to of course but we normally have 2 games of bowling.
    The scores will be entered in the monthly competetion we have. Me and Kat have done well so far with a team average of 118!! One of the best!
    Lets just hope we can better this score this month!

From the Swansea side i think we will be driving over together after meeting up.
    Im sure Chris will meet up and convoy over from the Newport side with anyone that wishes to come along, and tag any Cardiff drivers along the way!

This invite will also be going out to the Skoda and Audi owners out there, but the meet is open to anyone that wants to come. Whatever car you drive, and invite friends and family too!
    The bowling will make for a very fun and interesting afternoon!

If anyone is interested in coming along, and fancies there hand at bowling, just let me know!
    Anyone want anymore info, just let me know!!

SO:
    Place - Bridgend Services @ McArthur Glen Retail Outlet
    Date - 27th March 2005
    Time - 13:30 (1:30pm)
    Info - PM me and ask whatever you like, including requests for my mobile, just incase you get lost or are running late and want us to wait for you!

Confirmed as going:
    TolSport
  18. [Mar 8, 2005]
  19. imported_TolSport

imported_TolSport Guest

[Mar 26, 2005]
    Just an update, the meet will be This Sunday at 1.30pm in the McArthur Glen Outlet.

Meet up, chat, have a bite to eat and some bowling.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come along. Some of you already know Chris, so if you want to tag along with him, just let him know.

Cheers everyone!

Mike
  20. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Apr 24, 2005]
    This months meet we shall be at Westec newport for a rolling road day,dyno runs are fully booked,i did try to get hold of you regular peeps for the rollers but no luck.Spectators are welcome there is 30 cars booked on the rollers so should be good.Meet is sunday may 1st at 10 am until we finish.The following meets will be on a saturday at 1.30pm at usual venue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  21. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

[Apr 26, 2005]
    Andy will try and be there for 10am mate but cannot stay long, when did you organise this with Grant as I went down last Thursday and the RR was still being fitted? he did take my number as they needed an S3 to test it with, but I never got a call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, you say 30 cars are booked in, How much is the run? are all spaces used up? if not could I go first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
  22. s3bow

s3bow Member

[Apr 26, 2005]
    See you there mate. Mat told me it was seven o'clock in the morning though.

Chris.
  23. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Apr 27, 2005]
    10 AM start,some of us are meeting at asda coryton interchange at 9-9.15 to drive up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  24. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Apr 30, 2005]
    ROLLING ROAD DAY CANCELLED ,due to problems with the new rollers,grant will be organising another one when they are fixed, new date for this months local meet will be following shortly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  25. s3bow

s3bow Member

[May 1, 2005]
    Looking forward to that too. Never had it on the rollers. Another time. Any one going to GTi on Sunday ?

Chris.
  26. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[May 1, 2005]
    Baby has come early,so i now have a daughter arrived 22.55 friday 7 1/2 lb,mother and baby doing well.So no inters this year.Will make the next rolling road though.Grant has said the rollers are reading very light -50 bhp light on modified cars so is working hard to get things sorted out.Next day grant is providing a barbeque foc because of the cancellation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  27. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

[May 2, 2005]
    Let me know by PM when it is please Andy?

Congrats on the baby as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  28. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[May 6, 2005]
    Next s wales meet on this saturday at 1.30 @the normal venue,all are welcome,rolling road day will be next month sometime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  29. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Jun 3, 2005]
    A bit short notice but meet is tomorrow at 1.30 at the ffynon wen pub as per previous directions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy
  30. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
    Next meet this sat at ffynon wen pub 1.30,it would be good to see some more audis there,to many seats atm .We are a friendly and helpful crowd,with lots of ongoing projects to see.Pub is very good with a large beer garden next to car park. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy