1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wellycooler pipping for an a3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tim_Attard, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    Hi guys i have read the stickies and prawn and frenchies threads to try and work out what pipes i need to fit a wellycooler on my a3

my first question is will it fit? i know the a3 has alot less room and im not worried about losing my fogs?

so far i have:

5 x 90 degree silicone pipes
    2 x 90 degree metal pipes
    1 x 45 degree silicone pipe
    1 x 45 degree metal pipe
    all 63mm
    i will also need a map sensor pipe from forge, also regarding the n75 and DV pipe could i no just cut the ones from the orginal pipe?

and finally i have a 90 degree silicone pipe put down to come off the turbo is this fine as is or do i need some kind of connection/reducer?

Thanks
    Tim
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Paradox1

Paradox1 Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
  4. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    thats for an s3 tho mate completely diffrent pipping
  5. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Jul 10, 2013]
    If you read through the whole thread.....then I am pretty sure the A3 boys jump in at some point and start advising alternatives on how to get it to fit an A3.

Haven't read through it properly for a while but I'm certain it's all in there. Have a re-read and maybe PM a member or two who comments in the thread regarding A3 fitment and they may be able to further,
  6. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    done and done, i think im just being a fanny about it, will order up what i think and just have to order more if im wrong :)
  7. Paradox1

Paradox1 Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    you are being a fanny lol

seriously,everything you need in listed in there, just make sure ypu get a map sensor flange welded up if you have a AUM
  8. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 10, 2013]
    The FMIC thread covers S3 and A3 FMIC installs... Prawn even put his install in there... granted there are a few pages to trawl through but the info is there and as a dedicated member of ASN I am sure you don't mind spending the time in the pursuit of knowledge :p

<tuffty/>
    Tim_Attard likes this.
  9. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Jul 10, 2013]
    If you want to PM me your bank details and address Tim....I would be more than happy to order the items you need:o.k:

You may also get a few 'interesting' items turn up at your house also :lmfao:

Or stop being a fanny and get your reading glasses on :readit:
  10. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

[Jul 10, 2013]
    haha im gonna go for one of these AUDI A3 A4 A6 TT VW GOLF MK4 BORA JETTA 1.8T FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT FMIC | eBay
    i need to ring them to find out the size of the piping but if its not really small then im going to bid on one as they tend to end up at £150 mark which is a bargain imo

my price for DIY'ing it came too around the £250 mark after getting the map sensor etc and also would need to sort the dv and n75 out plus all the clamps.