1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well we finally got there!!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jesters3, Dec 7, 2007.

1. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 7, 2007]
    Merry Christmas

After the ECU being delivered one day late and having a MK2 Golf to pottle about in I have just picked up the car from Storm after having a CC1 stuck on. :arco:

First impressions:

1. Responsive on throttle application. It is a very progressive surge which happily fires it's way to 5/6k
    2. It likes to be kept in the 3k mark which I guess has been slightly tweaked it to stay within the opening turbo range to get that power
    3. 2nd is awesome
    4. 4th is a proper pulling machine now
    5. It is very smooth and the torque is very very nicely distributed across the range and does keep going all the way up.

Just need to fit my final upper hose! I have stayed with the standard air filter and standard DV. More than likely I am going to stick with this combination as I prefer the ability to regularly change the OE Filter to a new one and the stock DV is more than up to the job.

Next on the list are the Weitec S3 8L Ultra GT Kit and after reading Prawn's thread I am more partial to this set-up compared to the 'preferred' B8/HR combo. I think this is because the B8/HR goes 30/25 whilst the Weitec goes 20/15 which (I believe) will aid my driving style on stock 17". I have toyed with 18" but can't justify the cost for a new set of wheels which may only give a harsher ride and not enough feel to the road.

To add to that will new Top Mounts (due a change) and KW Tie-Bars for the underarm ability to pull my rear in a bit more (as the cast is off slightly on the rear passanger side) but I am going to have to wait as I have a little'un on the way and the missus would kill me if I forked out on that!!! ...though DPM did quote a good price!

Problem is now the brakes...jesus this modding has got too stop..!!!!

Cheers all

:)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 7, 2007]
    WOW!, reading these forums for all this time, and finally getting a remap after all the reviews, worth every penny isn't it? Did you ever wish you did it earlier?
    I think you will find that peak torque of most S3 remaps is around the 3K mark, which is why you feel most power during this range.

Now go drive the thing!(Just remember to brake early!!) :racer:
  4. jesters3

[Dec 10, 2007]
    Yeah, finally bit the bullet and got it sorted. Should I have done it sooner...a resounding YES.
  5. Aky

Aky Aky

[Dec 10, 2007]
    Good choice Jester!! you'll enjoy it even if it has blown my turbo up......... only kidding!:p
  6. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Dec 10, 2007]
    I am thinkng of getting a CC remap, but am nervous with the Auto. tansmission.
  7. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Dec 10, 2007]
    SORRY TRANSMISSION
  8. jesters3

[Dec 11, 2007]
    Pass, best bet is to email/call CC to ask them of their experiences with auto's.

I have to say the CC1 is lovely. Had a 'moment' this morning so I am going to have to invest in a better brake set-up!!!!!!
  9. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Dec 11, 2007]
    can you pass on contact details mate..

Ta :icon_thumright:
  10. jesters3

[Dec 11, 2007]
    CC

Custom Code
    Whitting Valley Road, Old Whittington
    Chesterfield Derbyshire England S41 9EY
    [​IMG] 01246 455 004
    Or send them a PM on the CC section at the bottom of the 'Forums' Page.

FYI they are offering 30% off CC1 before New Year!!!
  11. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Dec 11, 2007]
    Magic, e-mail sent
  12. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

[Dec 19, 2007]
    I'm booked in for Jan 12th!!

Am very excited about joining the Custom Code gang. I also opted to get the Forge 007p and a Green panel filter fitted to go along with the phase 1 remap as with the 30% discount the whole lot is gonna cost me £434 inc VAT. Plus they are even gonna come to my house and do the whole job.

Good deal me thinks.

Just gotta wait now. Roll on 2008, i will post back with my results one its done.
  13. jesters3

[Dec 20, 2007]
    Nice ops, as it is normally 380+VAT so with the filter and the 007p that IS a bargain.

You will love it, I would also say buy VAG.com as well. As since I've had the CC1 quite a few errors codes have come up. Nothing major but glad I know about them so that I can sort them out. I guess the remap has put a little more stress so a few things are showing up more
  14. vrbob

[Dec 21, 2007]
    Cheers for the advice jesters3

I do have VAG-COM but not really used it as yet as not really had the need so far. I bought one of those cheapy cables of Ebay that a few users on here already have. They all say it works ok with the free version of the software from the ross tech website which i downloaded.

Might see if i can be a bit cheeky and get James from custom code to show me how it works properly when he comes to do the Phase 1 remap.

Hopefully as my car has been tested and retested whilst trying to get it sorted after having my clutch replaced and loads of bits changed it should be quite prepared for the remap.

Still sooo looking forward to Jan 12th now xmas is gonna just be getting in the way!!
  15. vrbob

[Jan 12, 2008]
    Had the boys from JBS down today to install the Phase 1 Custom Code a Forge 007P and a green panel filter. First impressions are good car feels lots better throughout all the gears especailly 2nd and 4th and alot more torque in 5th n 6th. The Forge and the Green filter give it a more audible noise when the turbo kicks in which reminds me of my old scooby.

Very quick and efficient service and i am now very much looking forward to the drive to work monday which is something very unusual!

Also just been to the custom code website and downloaded their software so you can tweak a few bits n bobs using a VAG-COM cable.
  16. Aky

Aky Aky

[Jan 13, 2008]
    Let me know if you change any settings and what the outcome was. I'm sure you could extract a bit more power if you know what you are doing

You'll love the remap. I still do 12 months on. It just doesn't run out of steam. 120mph seems so easily achieveable
  17. vrbob

[Jan 13, 2008]
    Not gonna fiddle with the settings as yet as i wanna see how nice the remap is set how the boys from JBS left it. I do like the fact that you can set the top speed of the car though so if you leave it with anyone else they can't go out and race your car.
  18. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 13, 2008]

Surely that's suppose to read 120kph!?

I've hit 150 on a private stretch and it was still pulling ever so slightly, maybe another 1 or 2 togo on the clock. Drive safely. :icon_thumright:
  19. Aky

Aky Aky

[Jan 13, 2008]
    I was talking about going over moors (on the dirt tracks) I've touched 160 (or so it said on the speedo) on the motobahn but only for a brief second. No risks:no: