Well this is a rare Audi s3 interior isn't it?

Stuart B

Reaction score
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-S3-QUATTRO-TURBO-4WD-/122356282278

Screenshot 20170218 220557

Not rare on imola yellow S3's... which is what it was a no cost option for... imola yellow S3's are quite rare though :)

Never seen it in any other colour S3 before tbh so this is a first for me lol... but lets face it yellow interior is probably best suited to just a yellow car anyway lol...

Most popular alcantara I have seen is blue...

<tuffty/>

I've had cream leathers in my black one, don't really get why people who purchased cars new thought it's a good idea to do a such bad interior to colour combo. If it's black, keep it black inside :p My papaya has all black rooflining and abc pillars but a horrible grey leathers in it...:scared2:

@Tuffty
yeah the blue is eye catching but not gaudy - but I quite like yours too, goes well with silver - very conservative, being a coloured blind I actually think yellow and blue goes together quite well (blue interior yellow paint) - problem with these crazy colours is they become dated (until they become classic)

worst interior I have seen for an S3 is red leather in a Nogaro - maybe okay for a certain type of lady?

I'm am not pretending to be an expert on interiors so I hope I am not going to be "scienced" out about them.

@GRELA
Maybe someone ordered it and thought - oh my.. what have I done... then cancelled and someone else bought it cheap. I have had a few interiors and I like the S3 one - other than that a grey leather interior in my wife's blue 325 convertible was nice - also I think my S-Type had grey leather (might have been cream - as above coloured blind so light coloured :D) and that was blue paint. I don't think black leather is particularly popular anymore, it shows blemishes far too easily when it cracks etc.

Last edited:
Ironically in all the pictures I saw of S3's while I was looking at them to buy the silver alcantara looked rubbish... maybe due to them being crap over exposed images making the interior look white...

Drove a few S3's and hated the leather... slide all over the place... saw mine on a forecourt on my route to work and decided to check it out.. was surprised how different the interior looked close up and instantly fell for it...

...the rest as they say is history...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sandra and scotty_24
to be fair in the UK the full leather is normally too cold or too hot and as you've said "slippery" - you're actually glad there is a steering wheel to hold on to, if you want to drive fast (dangerously) you tend to need to move forward a bit in the seat to stay stable, or put shorts on :)

Alcantara is neither hot in the summer or cold in the winter... its 'just right' :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
It's also nice (not) when getting your a$$ and back burnt when jumping in a car that's been out in a sun for a few hours :D

Beat me to it haha! ^

I had the black and blue in mine and it was just right I think in my silver S3, alot of people used to comment on how nice it looked too.

The new car has full heated leather, just waiting to see what it's like in the summer. As @<tuffty/> said the alcantara was just right, not too hot and not too cold.

Love my alcantara. Really need to de-bobble my seat again though, three years in and I'm obviously a wriggler!

Colleague had a noggy with the blue seats, bit shouty for me but gorgeous combination. She ruined that car :( and is now onto an 8P...no doubt to suffer a similar fate...

Lots of Imolas where I live. Matter of fact, almost got one... but in the end I couldn't picture myself driving in that interior daily. Ended up with light gray alcantara interior, and I've gotta say I do like it a lot. Not many pictures of the interior, except for a few selfies with my niece :)

Untitled 1

Yeah I got the silver, got to be so careful with it though, very easy to get grubby, I have seat covers which hide the lovely seats, doh!!

...silver dude, not grey ;)

...which is the best of course :D

IMAG0687.jpg

...although my headlining etc is dark grey not a light colour like yours..

<tuffty/>

Sorry off topic but what car is your nav plus out of ? And did you do any mods to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its like you have replaced Daz as the 8L comedy genius... uncanny... ;)

<tuffty/>
Since Daz has turned into a bitter, grumpy old man with an axe to grind on every 8L S3 that ever lived, I figure he was due a replacement.

So now I do what I can to distract everyone from the ridiculous amount of time and money we all spend on these beloved old moneypits that we have the pleasure to call ours :)

Reactions: <tuffty/>