1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well done to the boys at REVO!

Rabbit222 Jul 18, 2008

1. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Active Member

2. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

205+ from a 1.4? That's almost scary!

3. emzino

emzino Active Member

Wouldn't that seriously strain the engine shortening it's life? Referring to the 1.4

4. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Active Member

Indeed mate! I can't wait to test drive one of these REVO'D monsters!

5. Scorpius

Scorpius The S Factor

Revo FTW! I'm shocked at the tuning potential of these new engines. Intrigued to see what they wring out of the new 2.0TSI block

6. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

They're both great to drive!

If you look at the dyno graphs though you'll see that the cars both made more than the standard quoted figures from the factory. The engines themselves aren't really any difficulty to tune, it's the development involved with the new ECU types that run them that really takes the time!

rabbit222, it's a shame you're not over here otherwise you could have come and had a go in them!

7. auroan

auroan Active Member

Thats from the twincharger TSI in the Golf, the A3 uses the single turbo 1.4.

8. mdre83

mdre83 Member

What sort of life span are we talking?

Also, what kind of MPG are you looking at from the 205+

I'm very intrigued regarding this and whether it would be worth it or not. Wouldn't mind actually trying one myself too, standard and tuned.

9. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Active Member

It is indeed Kev, I think I would have spent all my time test driving all these lovely REVO'd cars :)