Well Done the Dealer

thewallboy

Reaction score
Horror of horrors, the spare litre of oil leaked all over my boot!

One quick call to Dulwich Audi however, and the car was booked in for a full clean/valet/replacement anything that needed replacing.

Well done them.

Wall

If the oil was supplied with the car then it's their responsibility. Ok, it's not an integral component but imagine if they'd left a bunch of fresh flowers on the passenger seat (as some have done with new car handovers) and it had dripped and stained the seat?

Well, they supplied it. Other than that, I suppose they are not. Just very nice people I guess. That and the fact that at some point in the next 12 months I'm going to buy a new car and they would like it to be from them.

Its called good customer service. :applaus:

You read so many moans about bad customer service from dealers it's good to see that some know how it should be done.

Well done Dulwich Audi.

Yeah,but I'm still trying to figure out how it was their fault !
Was the bottle faulty ?
Left lying on it's side ?
Mine was supplied in a clear,sealed,placcy bag.
Even if the bottle leaked,the placcy bag would have stopped it.
Some time later,I got the dealer to supply the 'leather(ette)' oil bag that velcros to the side of the boot,thereby storing it vertically.
Sod all chance of leakage then.

Perhaps it wasn't their fault at all, but they are just being very good at customer service and goodwil. It does happen! sometimes.

h5djr said:
Perhaps it wasn't their fault at all, but they are just being very good at customer service and goodwil. It does happen! sometimes.

If it wasn't their fault,that's just bad business practice.
Being liable for no other apparent reason than you supplied it is ********.

You don't make it clear if they charged you or not?

Well, as you said bowfer, there's no chance of leakage with the bottle stored vertically in the leatherette pouch thing, so if this wasn't supplied and the bottle wasn't horizontal as a result then it's certainly their fault for not supplying the correct storage container.

If, OTOH, the bottle itself was faulty and leaked from the bottom then they've supplied a defective item which has damaged the car, end of IMO.

Vertigo1 said:
Well, as you said bowfer, there's no chance of leakage with the bottle stored vertically in the leatherette pouch thing, so if this wasn't supplied and the bottle wasn't horizontal as a result then it's certainly their fault for not supplying the correct storage container.

If, OTOH, the bottle itself was faulty and leaked from the bottom then they've supplied a defective item which has damaged the car, end of IMO.

That's what I'm trying to establish,but has yet to be stated.
Replacing parts and valeting the car under the circumstances you suggest is completely understandable.
Doing the same because the customer has been careless would be daft.

You seem to be a tad bolshie today bowfer. Even by your standards :)

rich1068 said:
You seem to be a tad bolshie today bowfer. Even by your standards :)

.........you think ????? ;)

only kidding - i can se bowfers point but i guess whoever the fault lies with over ther leaking oil...its a job sorted promptly by the dealer and the customer is happy so i guess that the main point and i guess that what really matters

I just like the full story ! ;-)
Whose bleeding (sic) fault was it...?!
Sheesh...

;-)

defo not the dealers responsibility - bottle of oil is a consumable not an audi part - they have obviously done it to try and help secure a future sale - that in my opinion isn't good customer service - good customer service is sorting things out even if they have nothing to gain from it other than a good reputation - thats customer service and thats where audi general fail (dealers and audi UK) They are just sucking up to get your money.

steve184 said:
defo not the dealers responsibility - bottle of oil is a consumable not an audi part - they have obviously done it to try and help secure a future sale - that in my opinion isn't good customer service - good customer service is sorting things out even if they have nothing to gain from it other than a good reputation - thats customer service and thats where audi general fail (dealers and audi UK) They are just sucking up to get your money.

So now the dealer is damned if he does and if he doesnt......come on now !!

If the bottle was faulty,or it's placement in the car by the dealer led to the leak,then the dealer should hold their hands up.
If the bottle was fine when they sold it and it was some sort of spazzery by the driver that led to the leak,then the driver should be told to feck off.
If they're replacing stuff through acts they had no control over,then I think I'll recommend we all buy our cars from them in future.
First alloy we kerb,straight into them for a free replacement !
HURRAH !

First alloy we kerb,straight into them for a free replacement !

I kerbed one of my front wheels a few weeks ago. I mentioned it to my dealer and they said they have a company come in every once in a while to sort out any wheels and they was due in later that week. Bring you car along and we will get it sorted.

Took the car in on the specified day, took a demo car home. Went back later in the day - all done and sorted and they would not take any paymeny for the work.

Good customer service - I think so!

Well I suppose each case has to be looked at individually.
In your case,David,the dealer has made a whack off you in repeated business and I'm guessing (as they are hoping) will continue to do so until A3's cease to be.
So a repair that may cost them £50 trade is nothing.
Any dealer that makes a habit of shelling out for customer mistakes is asking to go out of business pretty quickly though.

Hold on, hold on, hold on. All I wanted to do was thank my dealer for their quality service. Bowfer? Calm down, its Friday afternoon, chill out my friend.

Customer service, customer service, customer service. £20 cleaning job has probably just sold them an S3.

A price worth paying IMO.

For everyones info, the bottle was in the faux leather pouch, sealed etc. Just an accident. I figured since they had supplied a (possibly) faulty item then they could help.

They could have said no. I'm glad they didn't.

End of.

thewallboy said:
Hold on, hold on, hold on. All I wanted to do was thank my dealer for their quality service.

I think that's what everyone was having trouble with :)

bzzt...does not compute...

thewallboy said:
Hold on, hold on, hold on. All I wanted to do was thank my dealer for their quality service. Bowfer? Calm down, its Friday afternoon, chill out my friend.

I'm perfectly chilled thanks,I just wanted to see whose fault it was.
We're getting the full facts now though.
The reality appears to be you are considering an S3,so it's not really the act of philanthropy you first suggested it was.

;-)

The reality appears to be you are considering an S3,so it's not really the act of philanthropy you first suggested it was.

Depends if the dealer knows he's thinking of buying an S3.

Can you not accept that some organisations do go out of their way to give good customer service and, as with my wheel, what is a small cost to them, puts them in a good light with customers.

This forum spends a lot of time moaning about dealers, quite jusifiably in many cases, it's nice to see that some do take customer service seriously. It's quite rare in all walks of life these days that it's good, that if someone does get an example of good customer service, they tell other.

And, bowfer, not every one is as cynical as you are about the reasons.

A mate was a manager at Halfrauds, as good will they would often have to stand to leaking items purchased from the store. If you buy anthing and it leaks in transit on your way home, most big companies will hear you out. The exception would be if it was your fault, like you opened it first etc