Welcome Home Lights

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
I think thats what they are called anyway, you know when you unlock your car and the fogs and rear lights come on, and then when you lock the car, they stay on for bout 30 seconds....

Anyway what i was getting at is, if anyone has done this on an 8L S3??

Im sure i read up on here a while ago that someone did, if so, how????

Thanks
Nilz

Might be possible with VagCom?

If not Cliffords etc can be programmed to do it. Would be nice to do, my mates Clio puts the headlights on for you ready rather than the fogs

I had this on my Audi, but I think you can only get it with Auto-Lights

i think i saw it on someones S4 but that worked abit differently basically your headlights are rigged up to your interior lights or something and when u take out your key your car lights up if you turn off your headlights and pull out the key it will turn the headlights on, then when you plip it to lock they turn off....i think. Im sure i saw it ona yellow B5 S4 someones on this site.

you can change the binary codes on VAG com, i believe you have to have the purchased version to do it..... thinks its the binary codes, either that or some other random code of some description:salute:

Phew how technical are we getting...lol....

OK well i will keep looking, i know you can do it on the B6 A4 as they have the AUTO light switch option, so i thought someone clever may have given it a go....

i dont think you can program it with vag com,

someone had it done on here, think he used about 3 relays,

nilz thats your mission now to get this sorted, ive been wanting it for ages

LOL...i would love to take the mission on, but it may be a long time before you get a result...lol....i will keep looking tho.....

Right after searching for ages....ok not that long, i found out who it was........

MO-S3 - he had it on his car and i think he has now sold the car.....

So Mo if you are still on the forum, please share the love and let us know how it was done....

I will post a seperate thread to see if he will pick it up....

Nilz, not to want to mention the competition but the 'other' Audi forum, not sure what its called... has a vag section that has the codes recorded...to enable you to program the S3 to do just this..... i have read a full post on it on thie site before i bought mine in january

animal, am sure its ok to post the link, can you that or pm me please

thanks

Animal....do it....you can, we are all one big happy family here, otherwise if you dont want to, PM us please....

Cheers

afraid not mate...will have a look when im at work 2moz as the misus is hanging over me trying to get me off the forum....what can i say...she doesnt understand me:wacko:

the misus is hanging over me trying to get me off the forum....

Under%20the%20thumb.jpg

:p

Grathies

Hear hear.....oh hold on....the missis needs the laptop......LOL!!!!

feck off the lot of ya lol..... best bit is that shes watching TV and doesnt want the laptop...just annoyed that im on this..... you should see the arguments about my 2 hour daily sessions onthe xbox :salute: attttttention

LOL...so if you still here wheres the link.....come on stop teasing us!!!

i tease,...you please Graths...is that not how it works:thumbsup:......

Of course that could be misconstrude that your a push over mate:yahoo:

Hey Animal, good to see you are free from the good ol' ball and chain for about 7 hours at least....lol....

Cheers for that i will have a read up and see if i can fit some work in, in between my day...lol

no probs dooood..... i should mention that the laptop is actually hers (about the only thing in the house that is) hence her territorial stance:laugh: