1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weitec 40mm vs Koni 35mm

Discussion in 'Handling' started by sharma, May 7, 2008.

1. sharma

sharma Member

Hi there,

I have a choice between a Koni Sport 35mm drop and a Weitec 40mm drop. I want the ride to be as soft as possible. I know it will get harsher and i am on 18inch wheels but i really dont want it to be too bumpy. I have heard Weitec are similar to the standard ride but im not too sure about that and Koni have been in the business for a long time.

I need advise on which kit will be more comfortable and less harsh. There is only a 5mm difference between the two kits so i assume the height will not make much difference and its more dependant on the kit itself.

Its for my A3 1.9tdi (2002) and 35mm is the highest kit i can find. Is there anyone which does a 30mm kit? Although i must admit i will prefer the look of the 35 or 40mm kits.

Thanks.
  2. DPM

DPM Active Member Site Sponsor

Weitec all the way, great kits and our best sellers!

Damian @ DPM
  3. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

Ive got the weitech 40mm kit on my A3, and ive got to say so far I have been pretty impressed. The ride is very much like standard, a little more firm perhaps. Im on 18's too by the way. Would recommend the weitech kit for sure...:icon_thumright:
  4. Oranoco

Oranoco Active Member

Glad to hear this as I was planning on fitting Koni's once my Fiesta has sold
  5. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Hi
    It is not the springs that do the dampening , just the height
    So if you are looking at some smooth nice rides , may be worth looking at doing the dampers at the same time
    Anything around 40 - 60k miles , I would definately look at shockers too , as it is the shockers that wear out
    Springs dont , can snap on the odd occasion , but shockers do wear
    I had a kit fitted to my car , it had done over 100k and it did feel alot firmer afterwards , but then the shockers was shot
    Sarah
  6. Oranoco

Oranoco Active Member

I think the issue surrounds people getting in a mucking fuddle between damping and higher spring rates and the effects they have on the car.