1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird screen replacement thing?

madrussa Mar 24, 2014

1. madrussa

madrussa Member

I was just playing around with the Audi Configurator tool on their website and managed to get this oddity:
    audi-vosq4h.jpg
    Look at the screen replacement!
    What is it? Can you actually get this on a model and why would you!? :ohmy:

(This is an A3 Sportback S-Line UK website)

2. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

I think there was going to be a 'standard' spec slotting in below SE at some point that would have this instead. Not sure if it's still happening or not though.

3. madrussa

madrussa Member

It would be a disappointment if mine arrived like this. Also noticed the central column controls are missing too. If you want to try and replicate, I started off configuring an A1... then switched to the A3 SB.

4. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi

This is the standard European spec, below SE. We don't get it in the UK as we get a compulsory upgrade to the 5" MMI system instead

5. Itguy

Itguy Well-Known Member

God that is awful. What an afterthought.

6. madrussa

madrussa Member

It does look like someones tried to plonk in a standard single DIN in a hurry! :D

7. GreatBallsofFire

GreatBallsofFire Member

Indeed, you can get it in Sweden. If its really happens in real life, I doubt. But that probably for Audi to be able to put a low entry price (which is always quoted in the car reviews for example)