Weird noise on pulling off!!!

CJ A4

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Yes very funny i know that post sounds funny but not that way HAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif The last few mornings when i start my car and put it in drive just as i pull off (stop sniggering) theres a slight grinding rubbing noise which just lasts for a second i can feel the vibrations through the accelerator pedal. This happens every morning now but then it doesnt happen for the rest of the day? Has anyone else experienced these weird grinding noises when starting?

Try this Connor,

Seriously, jack the car up Securely so that all 4 wheels are off the deck then do the same as you've always done, start the car etc etc, make sure that you replicate the conditions that it happens i.e cold from start etc, then try, we're looking for the grinding noise remember? so be aware that you'll get more vibration than before, this is because the wheels are flailing around in the wind! Don't panic just do as you normally do, and let me know how it goes...I won't alarm you just yet to as to what I'm thinking but give it a try, Halfords do good 3tonne axle stands for £16 notes a pair.
Good Luck keep us posted on how get on.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

P.S Don't eat beans whilst pulling....Nah! That'll do.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Hi Dave (28v6) thanks for the reply. I will give it a go....you have me worried now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will keep you posted mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No dont think its the brakes its more of a sliding dry shutter noise coming from under the engine that only lasts for a second its just weird. Hopefully will get to the source of the problem this week.

To be honest I am not sure why it happens, may be worth mentioning it to your dealer next time it is in for a service. As you say it could simply be a lubrication issue, especially as it happens on some A4s and not on others.

Cheers, Mark

I knew this thread was going to take a turn for the worse. Talk about "noises when pulling off" and people start mentioning "lubrication" and all sorts! Anyone know of any good scrubbers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mkmark said:
To be honest I am not sure why it happens, may be worth mentioning it to your dealer next time it is in for a service. As you say it could simply be a lubrication issue, especially as it happens on some A4s and not on others.

Cheers, Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had it service at beginning of November, so can't wait that long. I will call up this week as there are a few other niggly problems i want looked at. Thanks for your help and response, much appreciated. I will post any resolution to the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

mkmark you were spot on mate. Went to audi and they didnt even look at it they said it was the ABS doing the self check and also said that 3/4 of their customers come back reporting the same thing. Aww well i'm relieved anyway. Thanks for all your input guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif