1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird noise can anyone help:

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by OVRA3, Jul 15, 2013.

1. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
    Hi all,

I seem to have a rotational noise not coming from the wheels it happens at around 25+ mph and gets slightly louder .. It's not loud but its annoying me. It happens in gear out of gear and clutch in or out.. Sounds like its coming from the middle of the cabin? Driveshaft maybe? It's not loud as I said but now I know it's there it's bugging me..

This is a rubbish thread as I think it could be a multitude of things but wonder if there are any good things to check first. Doesn't happen around corners and seems to change with road surface a little but I don't think it's bearings or the **** noisy runway tyres.. Any pointers would be appreciated..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
    I had a similar knocking and it turned out to be a wheel that was really loose. I had new powder coated alloy and if you don't rub away the powder coat around where the nut sits it can come loose. I was lucky I discovered it in time. I was checking for loose exhausts and all sorts.
  4. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
    Ill check them tomorrow :-/
  5. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jul 16, 2013]
    Had it checked today and its the start of a wheel bearing going drivers side is noisier than the others