1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird headlight !

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by basil brush, Apr 1, 2013.

1. basil brush

basil brush Active Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    Hi peeps , need a bit of help after a long search , basically my mrs's 8l 2001 facelift has a dim o/s dipped headlight , upon inspection found it to have a melted + female spade connector , great I thought "bad connection giving reduced voltage and increased current resulting in said melted connector " so I cut off old connector and soldered on a new one , replaced the bulb with a new 55w H1 only to have the same sim bulb problem ! Only seem to be getting 6v at the bulb !
    So where am I losing 6 of my 12 v. ?
    Ive tried to unplug the headlight multi plug but can't ! Any ideas would be great ;)
    Baz
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    i would check the multi plug to headlight and the earth to the headlight and go from there.
  4. basil brush

[Apr 1, 2013]
    yep I thought multi plug too , however I can't seem to seperate it ! How does it unplug ?
    Also going to try and run a good earth direct from the battery just to eliminate that ;)
    Baz
  5. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    you will see a rectangle plastic hole at the top of the plug? put a flat bade screwdriver in the hole and pull the screwdriver back to the wire side with ease and it will unclip the latch,at the same time pull back the plug,hope that helps.
  6. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    coil_connector_removal.jpg

Found this online.
  7. basil brush

[Apr 1, 2013]
    thanks James , sadly the plug in question doesn't look like that ! Will post a picture tomorrow ;)
    baz