webcam

Reaction score
I have a acer 5720 with a built in crystal eye web cam, I used this for my 2 year old daughter to talk to my mum and dad for the first time last night and now they want a web cam for their laptop. They already have a built in mic which we used with messenger.

Does anyone have any reccomendations as there are loads to choose from, One that would clip to the top of the scrren might be good ???? and pointers please

Depends on your budget to be honest.

If your just after the odd skype chat capable one, you cant go wrong with Logitech camera's.

Been around for donkeys, and the software\drivers keep them selves up to date..

If you have more money to spend, you can get special ones that track your movements etc :)

Off course, there's always ones from the big M - Built to work seemlessly with windows live messenger. Microsoft VX-5500

Hope these help :)

I have a Logitech one I use with Skype, I have had it years (6 plus?) and while it's not exactly cutting edge it does exactly what I need and the quality is pretty good.

:) Glad to see another fine.. As like you I must have had mine 6 years now.. It came with a headset as well.. All from PC World :) Now I normally dont buy from there with the 100+% markup, but on this - they where actually cheapest lol

Don't get me started on PC World, 50 quid for a CAT6 patch lead, who are they trying to kid, I can get a 300m box for about 70.
Its the pathetic "high speed modem cable" that always makes me laugh, if people saw the state of wiring in the street and in the ducts, they might think twice about parting with 20 quid for a phone line lead

cheers fior the pointers just want a ok picture and something small, the intergrated one on my acer is ok so just need to match that. So something small that poss clips onto the top of the laptop if possible.

It just seems a mine field they start from £5 right up to £80 just not something ive ever bought

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

I don't think there are many better that the Pro 9000. HD, fast tracking, rightlight, autofocus etc

£45-55 on amazon

Really if one was as good as the crystal eye in the acer that would be ok just can`t find the spec in it :( don`t think they would get the use out of a £50 web cam but thanks for the pointers

Ok, what is the spec of the one in your machine. I am sure there will be one to match :)

If you post the spec we can try and find one..