1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webcam for car security

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by Fraser, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Fraser

Fraser Member

Does anyone have a webcam set up for watching their motor during the night ??

Having dispute with neighbours teenager who plays music too loud, mother seems to be getting nowhere, and worried now he is going to take the abuse out on my T Sport.. little basĀ£!?d !

thought I would like to set up a webcam looking out of my front window with the necessary software to protect the car anyway and plus if he does, or anyone else for that matter I can get the bugg!rs.

any reccommndations for the webcam for the software ?

Thanks
    Fraser
  2. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

There's obviously a market for something like this - perhaps us IT/electronics minds ought to get together to make one?
  3. Fraser

Fraser Member

4. richy

richy Member

andy

so if they record everything dont you think the police would use this as a speeding thing.. if you go over the speed limit your buggered!
  5. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

I've set up a Logitech Web Cam to do a similar thing. However though it seemed a good idea, the main problem was that it generated a 400Mb file for 6 hours of viewing even at the lowest resolution and frames per second. So when run it caused the system to slow down also having to watch 6 hours was a bit tiresome as you couldn't watch and fast forward like you could with a conventional AV set-up.

One make that may help is the MicroMark range but it needs to be connected to a VCR and power to run.

6. recomdos

recomdos Member

[ QUOTE ]
    octagon said:
    I think by law you have to put signs on your premises warning people that you are recording.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmm - maybe, but it don't matter if he's wanting to take the law into his own hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  7. recomdos

recomdos Member

hey that's really cool! anyone know the pricing on these nokia thingys? what about power to them aswell? I'd quite like one! heheheh
  8. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Those are fantastic!
  9. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

I would get some thing asap if u dont trust neigbours as there is a A3 1.8T running about my area two tone now as someone poured brake fluid all over it !