1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waxing in the hot..

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by noodle, Aug 9, 2003.

1. noodle

noodle Member

Oh, er missus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

But really, what do you do when the weather is warm and the sun is shining causing the paint work to be hot?

I've been wanting to give mine a wax for the past few weeks, but had a few bad experiences with waxing when it's warm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Moff, sure you can give some handy hints/tips here.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

get up early yer lazy b*gger
  3. noodle

noodle Member

[ QUOTE ]
    AndyMac said:
    get up early yer lazy b*gger

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

No really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Early is not in my diary.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif
  4. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Park it in the shade somewhere or do it early evening. Or how about wash it outside then park it in the garage and wax it inside. ???
  5. will_S3

will_S3 Member

i find early evening best
  6. amoffat

amoffat Member

I try to avoid waxing/polishing and even washing the car in the hot weather especially if the car is a dark colour.

if you really need to do it, either do as everyone else has said i.e shade / early morning or do one panel at a time.

One panel at a time is quite easy to do if you use thin amounts of polish. If it is still hard to do, make the area even smaller before taking the wax off. Some wax's prefer to be left on e.g. Autoglym but Meguiars should be taken off quite quickly as per the instructions.