1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wax first or ????

vw754 Oct 31, 2010

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

i used poorboys nattys blue 2 weeks ago,well first i applied autoglym extra gloss protection,then nattys wax...........today i applied nattys wax then extra gloss protection........this ok?

2. NoggyS3

NoggyS3 Member

EGP is a sealant dude

Should be the last thing applied to the paintwork :icon_thumright:

3. vw754

oh ok........so it should be nattys wax then extra glosss protection ?

4. NoggyS3

NoggyS3 Member

Yes that will be fine mate :thumbsup:

5. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

Wrong I'm afraid!

ALWAYS sealant first, then wax last. Due to the way they bond, and the molecular structure of each, a sealant should always be applied to the paint surface. A wax can be layered above that but never t'other way round.

(I could go into the full explanation but won't - yet.....)

6. vw754

oh right.......sealant then wax?.....il remember that for next time then,ive waxed first then sealant.....will this make a difference now? nothing bad ihope ?

PB. thanks

7. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

You'll just massively compromise the durability of your sealant (ie, if it's got 4months durability, you've probably taken that down to about 3 weeks) and you'll probably have a slightly streaky finish - usually evident under point source lighting (halogens etc).

This might prove useful: Car Care Advice | Detailing Advice | Choosing Paint Protection

8. NoggyS3

NoggyS3 Member

Oh..... Well... Um? Back to the corner i go :blush:

Good info there John :icon_thumright: