1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water under car?

S3-Oski Jun 27, 2009

1. S3-Oski

S3-Oski Member

Hi all can any1 tell me if water under the car is normal?,

Been out parkerd my car up, come back moved off the parking space and i noticed some water on the floor, i got out to chek it was water and not oil! which is was water clear looking,

I had my aircon on before this, my mate said it might be this? or would it be some leak somewhere i have never noticed it before it looked like half a t-cup full ish, If its a leak will get it looked at asap cheers all Oski

Opps i got two threads for some reason

2. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

My guess is if it hasnt happened before and you've had the aircon on, thats where the waters come from, couldnt tell you why but mine does exctly the same.

e2a: I think the aircon draws the moisture out the atmosphere and the puddle you get is the water whats been removed from inside the car, i think lol.

3. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

only way water gets on the floor, a leak. Could be a condense pipe, if cars have these ?

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

5. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member VCDS Map User

Defo condensation from the aircon perfectly normal mate.

6. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

The aircon is only needed about twice a year in this country lol

I'll keep an eye out for the water as i've had mine on all day too.

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

I have noticed this on mine as well, never worked out what it could be.