Water standing in bulkhead!! PLEASE HELP

Marko

Reaction score
I was checking the pollen filter as I had an awful smell coming in through the vents only to find the water hasn't been draining where the battery sits. I've just sucked out 7 litres of rank water!! I have two questions:-

Does anyone know where the drain hole is located for the excess water to drain? I really need to knos asap to unblock it!

Also, could there be any long term damage due to the lying water. The battery was an inch in it? All seems ok and I guess it is sealed as water always runs from windscreen.

Many Thanks if anyone can help!

Regards

Think I'll check mine tomorrow as I also noticed a funny smell the last few days, hope it's not blocked too. If I find the drainage hole I'll let you know.

Will have to check out mine too tonight as I have the same ****** smell, it's a pain in the ar$e as I didn't have a problem with either of my last 2 A4's. Hopefully its just blocked drains!

Problem solved. I read somewhere that the drain hole was under the battery. I decided not to remove the battery and poured warm water with some soda crystal into the bulkhead. I got my hand underneath the bulkhead and felt around until I came across what felt like an inch long star shaped grommit. I stook my finger up and it was blocked, all the filth and water flew out.

I've slewced it a few times. It seems like a worth while check every now and then to make sure the hole is clear with a finger. Hope the cabin air starts to smells a bit fresher now!!!

Regards

Marko said:
Problem solved. I decided not to remove the battery and poured warm water with some soda crystal into the bulkhead.
Regards
I am sure that will do the paintwork no good :)

I followed up with plenty of clean water and then rubbed dry and coated the paintwork with polish, or at least as much as I can see. It was grim in there... another week and pond life would have started.