1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WATER PUMP faulty - overheating 1.9tdi PD

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by mystic.bertie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie Member

[Apr 28, 2009]
    i have an a6 1.9tdi with the ajm pd engine

the engine has been overheating recently and for a long time its been blowing cold air sometimes instead of warm.

i changed the thermostat and flushed the system but that never fixed it, not i discover there is no water flowing theu the heater pipes when idling so im thinking its the water pump.

the car has 143k on it and timing belt was done at 60k and 120k all audi service history but nothing saying if the pump has ever been replaced.

so i doubt i will keep the car long term so i think i will just change the water pump, is there a tutorial on how to do this yourself on the ajm engine.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. Jetcat

Jetcat New Member

[Apr 29, 2009]
    What year is your A6??

I have just had my cambelt changed (2004 A6 1.9tdi) at an Audi dealer and the water pump was replaced as part of the cambelt change kit.

Might be worth enquiring where you had the cambelt done if it was changed? You never know the work might be warranteed, cos cambelt changes usually give you a 12 month warranty.

Nick