Water leaking doors

woollyjoe

Reaction score
A lot has been posted on other forums on this and wanted to ask what others experience has been....

Drivers door has lots of water trapped on the sill after rain. Audi UK warranty replaced all seals to fix it, but it didn't fix it at all. No difference.

Garage that made diagnosis and work, say they won't do anything and now saying all Audi cars do this. Yes, I know - why "fix" it if there isn't a problem. So, I want advice please.

I'm going to take to another garage and AUK have said warranty is still there but garage needs to identify a way to fix it. It is ridiculous that AUK cannot share a solution.

Attachments

• leaking sill.jpg
    leaking sill.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 523
Can't say my A6 does this, But my Skoda Octavia is horrible for it

Just had this fixed... and it caused extensive hidden damage.

The water was leaking through the speaker mount in the door, causing electrics to malfunction, needing a new electric window modules, and the sound proofing had rotted with water.

The solution did involve replacing the seals as these were not fit correctly, but the culprit was the speaker mount - a plastic moulded piece that was leaking water. They changed the design after this happened to quite a few cars.

It only took over a year to fix, but ironically, Audi knew of the problem as there was a bulletin about the fix.

Yes there was a fix that involved re sealing the door speakers.

A lot has been posted on other forums on this and wanted to ask what others experience has been....

Drivers door has lots of water trapped on the sill after rain. Audi UK warranty replaced all seals to fix it, but it didn't fix it at all. No difference.

Garage that made diagnosis and work, say they won't do anything and now saying all Audi cars do this. Yes, I know - why "fix" it if there isn't a problem. So, I want advice please.

I'm going to take to another garage and AUK have said warranty is still there but garage needs to identify a way to fix it. It is ridiculous that AUK cannot share a solution.

Hi I am having the same problem,water on door sill when I open passenger door. It’s not making it inside the footwell. I have asked Audi and they said they never come across this problem before. If anyone has information about this problem or what the fix is.I would really appreciate any help , all door rubbers and seals look perfect not lose no rips nice and soft . It does not make sense that only one door is doing this .

There was a "bulletin" about this at AUK, so they do know about it. Many garages - 5 in fact said they couldn't help (some tried and made it worse) and many said it was "normal".

What ended up happening is the speaker mount in the door was causing leaks. I have no idea how, but the plastic moulding which holds the speaker caused the original leak and this has a repair listed under it for people who complain of it. The Rubber seals were not seated correctly from factory either which added to my issues. They can look ok, but not in fact work properly.

I'd guess your car is an earlier C7.

When the last garage looked, the water damage inside the door involved replacing most of the innards of the car door. Everything from sound proofing to the electric window switches.

Honestly, it was the worst thing - there was even a leak inside the mirror housing and the LED indicator got damaged and replaced. All under warranty over a very long period of time.

If you get nowhere, message me your email and I'll forward contact details with AUK and myself - so you can say "hey, I have same issue".

I'm glad I sold the car to be honest. It was years of warranty pains.

Thank you for your reply and getting back to me so quick. Yes my Car earlyA6 C7 model 2015. I am new to this forum and not sure how to send you my email address privately. And my car is out of warranty and Audi said they never heard of this problem or have come across it and would have to hold onto the car. The labour bill would be high investigating this problem could run on and on . I will try tomorrow to send you my email address many Thanks again.

Try the speaker mount first - should be a warranty recal where customers complain... also just check your outer seal - the inner one is for sound.

Hi
I don’t know how to send email address privately ?
Do you know how or can you send me yours and I will email you and get any information that will help me explain to dealer the same problem that I am having.