1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water in my boot 2 inches !

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S-line Dave, Nov 22, 2009.

1. S-line Dave

S-line Dave New Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    After reading the thread things you didnt know your audi did I thought I would try out the boot carpet hook on the underside of the parcel shelf. Upon lifting the carpet I have discoverd 2" of water in my spare wheel well. I have checked previous threads for this and its not my rear washpipe leaking because ite clean water ! Can anyone help me please ?:think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. leach76

leach76 Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    Is there any traces of dampness ie like one of the interior quarter trims or round the back lamps
  4. S-line Dave

S-line Dave New Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    Yeah there is water all around the boot floor not just in the spare wheel well but I dont think its comeing in from the lights I have removed them and there dry behind. Cant think where else it could be comeing in from. I still have warranty until January should I just take it in ?
  5. leach76

leach76 Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    Yeah take it in thats what its there for,at the end of the day if you havnt done anything to cause it there is a fault and thats what the warranty is for
  6. S-line Dave

S-line Dave New Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    Ok Ill post when I find out more incase anyone else has the same problem. Thanks for your reply.
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 22, 2009]
    TBH there's few places where water can come in, but since you have warranty just take her in.

Could be wiper system, rear lights grommets, air vents in rear bumper areas, loom grommets, number of things.