1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water in drivers footwell

smiley7 Nov 13, 2009

1. smiley7

smiley7 New Member

Hi, I went a had a look at a very nice new shape 2004 Audi A6 today but upon inspection i found that there was alot of water in the footwell on the drivers side. Any ideas on what can cause this and if it can cause any electrical damage anywhere. I have heard the older versions had a common problem with blocked drain plugs would this still be an issuse on the newer ones. Thanks

2. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

Yes chances are its a blocked drain plug. The damage depends on how much water and for how long it has been leaking. Personally i wouldnt touch it. There are plenty more Audi A6's about.

3. Drmatrix

Drmatrix Vorsprung Durch Technik

4. AUDIQS

AUDIQS New Member

have a look under the battery there is a drain hole just poke down it and it will clear your flood of water it is right under your battery so you might have to move the battery over a bit note this is on all C5's usually full of leaves and twiggs have fun, now you know it wiil be clear for years.:rockwoot::o.k::yahoo::rock::beerchug::kissmyrings: