1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water in drivers footwell

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by smiley7, Nov 13, 2009.

1. smiley7

smiley7 New Member

Hi, I went a had a look at a very nice new shape 2004 Audi A6 today but upon inspection i found that there was alot of water in the footwell on the drivers side. Any ideas on what can cause this and if it can cause any electrical damage anywhere. I have heard the older versions had a common problem with blocked drain plugs would this still be an issuse on the newer ones. Thanks
  2. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

Yes chances are its a blocked drain plug. The damage depends on how much water and for how long it has been leaking. Personally i wouldnt touch it. There are plenty more Audi A6's about.
  3. Drmatrix

Drmatrix Vorsprung Durch Technik

4. AUDIQS

AUDIQS New Member

have a look under the battery there is a drain hole just poke down it and it will clear your flood of water it is right under your battery so you might have to move the battery over a bit note this is on all C5's usually full of leaves and twiggs have fun, now you know it wiil be clear for years.:rockwoot::o.k::yahoo::rock::beerchug::kissmyrings: