Water in boot - Sportback

Boon

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems with water in boot/spare wheel well?

I've noticed it recently as the car was misting up when raining - even with climate control on recirculate

Currently removed all the panels in the boot area and found it to be wet in the rear drivers side (right in the rear corner where the controller for the rear lights is) & spare wheel is swimming... Not the usual washer hose as it's not wet above the wheel arch/seatbelt area nor the rear seats... And I've never used the rear washer!

I dont belive it's the window leaking (rear fixed sportback)

Belive it to be from the fuel filler... It has a small 'drain hole' that is clear but no matter how much water I pour into the recessed filler area it doesn't seem to be entering the car?

Any ideas?

Also removed the rear roof lining cover and the pillar covers to see if it's coming in the tailgate hinge area but nothing...

When your aircon is on recirculate no fresh air is being allowed in!

Has anybody had problems with water in boot/spare wheel well?

I've noticed it recently as the car was misting up when raining - even with climate control on recirculate

Currently removed all the panels in the boot area and found it to be wet in the rear drivers side (right in the rear corner where the controller for the rear lights is) & spare wheel is swimming... Not the usual washer hose as it's not wet above the wheel arch/seatbelt area nor the rear seats... And I've never used the rear washer!

I dont belive it's the window leaking (rear fixed sportback)

Belive it to be from the fuel filler... It has a small 'drain hole' that is clear but no matter how much water I pour into the recessed filler area it doesn't seem to be entering the car?

Any ideas?

Also removed the rear roof lining cover and the pillar covers to see if it's coming in the tailgate hinge area but nothing...

I noticed water in mine too but never had a serious look into why..

Found it to be the fuel filler... The rubber seal against the outside panel of the car wasn't sealing up

Took the plastic trim off, cleaned it up and installed back with a bit of silicone sealant should have sorted it out