1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water dripping?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sprintblu3, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    So had my back back from audi now few days and done just over 100miles in it. Ive just stopped at my mates house and looked back to find a little water puddle dripping from the front right side just near the wheel, what could it be smells like window wash to me and has no colour to it. Couldnt be water pump could it from that side? Plus o just had that replaced from audi
  2. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    sounds like the wiper wash tank leaking as thats where its located, Jack, is the cap on properly?, are you going through washer fluid quicker than you normally would? cars with xenons use more anyway though since every time you wash you do the lights too.
  3. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    Hmm not noticed tbh only had car 2 months and half that time been in a garage :/ but the drip is coming from the right wheel i did have a quick look and cap did seem to be on properly. I have the car parked 50/50 on path and toad at the moment and only noticed it since its been parked like this. I usually park it on the drive and dont see this drip
  4. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

[Dec 27, 2013]
    Have to agree with Dave! and although this type of thing is usually an easy fix (mine had a small hole rubbed in the pipe in the same area which I fixed through the Fog Light housing) take it back to Audi to preserve your warranty. Call them to get it booked in, and they should be able to arrange a Courtesy car for you.
  5. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    i will do but after i just spent £2500 on having it fixed i cant afford to have somthing else fixed on iy straight away if it is nothing to do with whats been fixed already
  6. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    You need to learn the art of complaining then ;) Take it in and say its just been in with you and I've spent £X amount. Ive got the car back and its now leaking washer fluid, it wasn't before i brought it to you. Im sure they will replace a washer fluid bottle just to save any hassle!
    Artimus likes this.
  7. Andy1608

Andy1608 Active Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    Same as above really. Get back to the dealership and explain exactly what you've said. Just be firm with them , don't get on your high horse or sound cocky. They genuinely may have just made an error and sort the problem
  8. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Member

[Dec 27, 2013]
    Thanks lads will go back in tomorrow and let tell them
    Artimus and Dave-S3 like this.