Water Damaged ECU

Del

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 98 2.4. Water has damaged my ECU which is probably beyond repair. It looks like I might have no option but to buy a brand new part for £800.
It's a tiptronic box which makes a second hand part hard to come by.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks!

Hi Del,

Have a look on ebay, search for 'audi a4 ecu' and you'll find several for sale at any given time for a fraction of the new price

Just make sure the part number exactly matches the one from your car, it's looks like an easy swap and a fraction of the cost of a new one (search the Audi DIY articles). I think the new ECU would need matching to the immobiliser once you've swapped it, if you want to avoid dealer prices there is a cable and software available from Vagproducts.co.uk for £50 which I used to rematch my keys to my immobiliser on my '98 2.8 Auto Tiptronic which might do the trick - check them out

There are also several dedicated Ebay shops such as 'Audis Only' that are worth a look and supply a limited time warranty with their ECUs. Contact them and tell them your part number, you never know!

Also you could try breakers yards - but probably no warranty from them I suppose

Cheers

Rob

There are places that can repair ECU's have a look around my be worth a try?