WATER COOLANT LEVEL

KJN

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

AUDI A6 2.0 TDI 54 REG

I am off down to the dealers Tuesday to find out why I have lost nearly a pint of water coolant , not sure when the level started to go down as only got the car in March and I have only covered 1700 miles, to be honest I cant put my hand on heart and say when I checked the level but feel I would have noticed if it had been going down slowly, any ideas before I go down there ?. Still under warranty but would like to know reasons why level can go down (worst scenarios also pse) so I at least know what the Dealer is going to try to fob me of with. Many Thanks

KJN

mine regularly loses coolant. had it pressure tested but no leak. also no sign of any leak. the only thing i haven't tried is a replacement rad cap.

Good luck

Cheers am a bit worried as the manual says "system sealed should not loose water check with dealer", as you probably guesed although it gets cleaned weekly, polished monthly and gets more loving than the Mrs when it comes to under the bonnett I am lost, will let you know outcome as may help others, any other contributions welcome. Cheers

It could be the water pump.

mine went abou a month ago, luckily under warranty, it was only a small drip from under the car, so bareley noticeable.

The only true way to find out is to have it up on a ramp and take the belly pan out.

But if its under warranty get it in there asap

Simon

Thanks will take all probabilities on board and revert when dealers done work satisfactory.

Returned from the dealers but they were unable to find any leak, they have requested that I leave the car with them for 2 days so that they can have a thorough investigation into the disappearing water. They will pick up and return in a weeks time, will just have to wait and see. will post after their investigation and when I get the dent and red paint off the rear passengers offside door that somebody done in one of the two car parks that I visited today by opening their door. Hoping the dealers can sort the dent and paint job out when it goes in for investigation. The dealers being East Kent Audi in Canterbury-so far they have been very professional and helpful.will keep you posted.

mine dumped all its water the other day, in a matter of minutes leaving me with a river running from my car....

i topped it up to get me home and it hasnt lost a drop since...

Got a telephone call from the dealers this afternoon informing me that the head gasket has gone (36t on the clock) I asked the question about will the head need to be skimmed and was informed no, anybody know if they had problems with the head gaskets please? Thank god its under warranty still a bit worried why a head gasket should go thought.
Thanks
KJN

UPDATE;-

New Head ordered and being fitted as I type this, due to other one being porous. all being well will get car back Tuesday. Lucky warranty has still 3 mths to run.