Watches

breitling olympus caliber 19 movement (1461) leap year only adjustment & montbrilliant silver/sliver/1461 limited edition. I'll never buy any other watch. well until i can afford a full perpetual motion movement...

Great to see so many Omega's. I like to compare watches to cars, and I've always thought omega's are like audi's. Great watches but understated. Tag's are like BMW's, a bit too in-your-face-look-at-me I have cash to splash. Rolex's are just ugly and ostentatious, the John Prescot of watches. IMO!!!!

I have an omega constellation chronograph that I bought in 1997, and my wife is buying me the new constellation double eagle chronograph.

For REAL watch afficianado's, I bought my wife a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso for her 30th last year

SWATCH WATCH tells me the time and date and cost £2.99 with 5 litres of oil

I have an omega seamaster mid size model bought it new 2 years ago from goldsmiths,used to lose about 2mins per week so after about a year I went to complain about crap time keeping for a £1200 watch anyway they were very helpful and sent it back to omega.2 weeks later watch came back it now keeps perfect time.I would certainly buy another omega as service is excellent.

On another note called into Carlisle Audi today My sportback 170tdi S line is due in early next week so naturally I'm going for an ogle next friday.

Tag Heur Kirium and KHS Shadow Blue (MK2) Tactical Tritium (just like a traser but blue lights and modified slightly)

My flatmate's asked me to mention the fact he's got a Tag Carrera Limited Edition.

tag604_4.jpg

However he drives a Burgundy 12v Corsa (973cc, 0-60 in 16s), so I say we ignore him :haha:

batwad said:
However he drives a Burgundy 12v Corsa (973cc, 0-60 in 16s), so I say we ignore him :haha:
:laugh:

timps said:
Omega Seamaster (full size)
Uno 17 jewels Incabloc gold Watch
Elco 15 jewels gold watch
1 Rotary
1 Timex
3 Seikos
I had a couple of Seiko's in my late teenage years & it would be safe to say those were what got me into watches in the first place. I've still got one lying around somewhere and no doubt if a new battery were put in it would be still spot on. :thumbsup:

arthurfuxake said:
Great to see so many Omega's. I like to compare watches to cars, and I've always thought omega's are like audi's. Great watches but understated. Tag's are like BMW's, a bit too in-your-face-look-at-me I have cash to splash. Rolex's are just ugly and ostentatious, the John Prescot of watches. IMO!!!!

Totally disagree!! I have a Breitling, Tag Heuer Monaco and a GMT-Master and out of them all, I'd say the Breitling is the most 'ostentatious' and the Monaco’s not far behind.

IMO most Tag watches are so 1980's (apart from the classic editions but I would say that) and Breitlings are really in your face. My brother has a 'super avenger' and I can't even get my shirt cuffs over it, it's massive. My GMT is subtle and goes with most items of clothing from dinner suits to t-shirts and to top it off, it's the most robust watch I've ever owned and Rolex's customer service is the best by far! Give me a white faced Daytona all day long!

And just to cause a bit of a stir, I think Omega's are rubbish (although I like ess_three's), they're the watch you buy when you've grown out of your Casio or Timex...bit like Tag's in the 80's!! Just an opinion though!!

I have a very vidid memory of buying my first watch. I must have been about 10. I'd been saving for months, and got some cash for my birthday. I remember cycling into town(about 5 miles) on my own and going to the newly built shopping mall. I had my eye on a casio, but when I got there, it had been replaced by a new model, and the new model had a small digital screen incorporated into the analogue face, i was instantly in love. It ended up costing me my LP money as well, but it was worth it.

Hotscar, I was with you right up until you said Omegas are rubbish :ohmy: Breitling's are gigantic and I think it takes a certain style (and similarly proportioned wrist) to pull one off. I'm quite well built but there's no way I could do a Breitling, plus their faces are far too fussy and complicated for my liking.

Totally agree on the Tag, I'm really not a fan, especially their Formula 1 line which are utterly revolting :puke2: Hell of a lot of fake Tags around too.

Bobby George wears a Rolex. Nuff said :no:

As for Omega, if their timing is good enough for the Olympic games it's good enough for me :)

Don't know much about watches but i got bought a nice Tag by my folks for my 21st birthday. I lost it once on a night out and amazingly i reported it lost to the ploice and 2 weeks later someone handed it in!!!

I've been too scared to wear it ever since.

As someone else already said, i use my phone to tell the time, and i also spend alot of money on threads, drinking, clubbing, chemicals, etc....... :salute:

My watch is my Sony Ericsson K800i or my work Computer's clock! Nice and cheap!

:arco:

batwad said:
Bobby George wears a Rolex. Nuff said

Oi! Bobby George is a don!!!

He just wears a bit too much gold tom.

arthurfuxake said:
I have a very vidid memory of buying my first watch. I must have been about 10. I'd been saving for months, and got some cash for my birthday. I remember cycling into town(about 5 miles) on my own and going to the newly built shopping mall. I had my eye on a casio, but when I got there, it had been replaced by a new model, and the new model had a small digital screen incorporated into the analogue face, i was instantly in love. It ended up costing me my LP money as well, but it was worth it.

I'll make you right!
I remember my first couple, I had a calculator watch that i managed to melt by sitting to close to a calor gas fire, then I had an all metal watch I bought from Woolies, it has a tiny solar panel and played the yellow rose of texas as an alarm tune!!

My first proper watch was THE original G-Shock watch, cost about 50 quid in about 1990.

Was looking for new time piece while away on holiday over Xmas (to Oz), and was interested in a Tag or something similar.

There was a New Year's discount in the departure lounge store, and were offering the new James Bond Chronograpoh Omega Seamaster (?), and was the equivalent of £830. Here I think it retails for £1800! Why didn't I buy it !!

Lesson learnt...

Anyone know of a good retailer that sells 'good' watches at sensible prices??

Also saw the new ORIS LE - very nice...

Tag Heuer Carrera Tachymetre with the black face. If I know how to add a picture of it I would.

I have stopped wearing watches altogether as I would have spent too much money on them.

However, after seeing that Monaco I'm gonna have a real hard time dragging my **** out of the duty free shop :(

Disagree about the Tag's being 80's. Style never goes out of fashion.

This is the best watch in the world. Period.

watch.gif

no no no no... this is the best watch in the world...

mickeymouse.jpg

Tim Stuart said:
Tag Heuer Carrera Tachymetre with the black face. If I know how to add a picture of it I would.

My dad has one. But for that kind of money, I'd at least want them to be able to spell!

I started off my watch collection, with 2 omega's (an 'americas cup' and a 'pro chrono diver'), dont get me wrong, they were nice watches, but i wanted more, so i then moved up the ladder to a rolex sub date, this lead me to sell the omega's through sheer lack of wear, but i still wanted another one, as one was not quite enough.

I wear my lex everyday, its THE watch that can take a battering and still look like new IMO (and i dont work in an office, so it takes some knocking about), but when i fancy some 'bling' on, i have a brietling super avenger for that, it makes the rolex look wafer thin and small....

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

There really does seem to be a pattern with Audi owners & Omega's - I have a Seamaster pro with a black face.

I got it after I was given a Tag for my birthday & after a week or so the second hand fell off!! I was not amussed. I got it back after it went to the factory for repair & a few weeks later it just stopped, then I went to the jewllers & part ex'd it for the Omega that has kept perfect time for the last 4 years

I love watches and been collecting for years and every so often trade them

Currently got:-

1. Omega Seamaster white faced professional chronometer with kevlar strap
2. Rolex Explora 2 Black face
3. Rolex Ltd Sub with green bezel
4. Orange Tissot T touch
5. Gucci
6. Omega Speedmaster automatic

I have got a moody all green Rolex sub which was bought for fun, Green face and bezel if anyone wants it??

marmite said:
3. Rolex Ltd Sub with green bezel

50th anniversary edition, nice and it still looks good after all those years!! Did you have to wait long for it or did you pay OTT?

MikeA3 said:
Omega ~Seamaster pro 300 (full size chronometer)

and to answer your question it keeps time very well - /+ 3 secs per day

Snap and a TAG for good measure. I love watches, just wish i could afford to be extravagent.

Hotscar said:
Seeing as everyone else on here asks random questions and me being a bit of a watch freak, I thought I'd ask people what watch(es) they own and which is there favourite.

I have this one and a nice Seiko kenetic my parents got me for my 21st, I bought this Casio Protrek before I went to Iraq last year, was told to bring a compass for when your driving out and about and the GPS goes off so got this one as it had loads of fantastic features. (which I never used)

PRG-70T-7VER_II.jpg

Hotscar said:
50th anniversary edition, nice and it still looks good after all those years!! Did you have to wait long for it or did you pay OTT?

No I got it while in Geneva a few years ago, was in the shop window and the guy did a deal on it..most of my watches come from there now

Lovely watch, but I don't really wear it

Tag Heuer S/EL with brushed steel strap and grey face. Was my 21st present from my parents. Still going strong 12 years later.

Anyone purchased a watch through 'Authentic Watches' .com ? In the States.
They have the Tag Carrera 2014 (black face/black leather strap) for $1975 = £1000 incl postage...

****** cheap I'd say...