Watch out folks read everything that they send you, ALL the small print - canceling

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hmm not very happy at all at the moment, just spoken to Customer Services as I am changing to a STOCK Octavia VRS from a fairly heavily modified A3. First off get a quote for the change of vehicle another £108 more to insure, total working out over £116 quid a year more expensive than Skoda insurance.

OK so fair enough I look at cancelling after 3 months cover, well now comes rolling out all of the hidden charges (well not hidden to be fair but well buried charges). so they have covered me for what will be less than 1/4 of the policy yet they want me to accept back just over 1/4 of the total policy cost.

So looks like I will have to bend over and pay the difference to them (though that galls me) and next year look at swapping to the Skoda policy.

I have asked for a complete breakdown by email quoting exactly where I can find this wording in the various bits of documentation that they have sent me. I've never had this pointed out at any point by anyone that I have spoken to.

Wouldn't mind but I have renewed a few times through AF, and up till now have been happy with the service that I have got.

Had to exercise a fair amount of control, realising that it wasn't the Lady's fault that I was talking too.

1. you allways loose loads cancelling, so much so i leave my s2000 insured all winter but never drive it
2. flux don't like standard cars, its not their line of business

1. you allways loose loads cancelling, so much so i leave my s2000 insured all winter but never drive it
2. flux don't like standard cars, its not their line of business

I have just found that out. I suspect I will end up changing it over with them then take a look round next year if it is still standard by then. It is just a bit of a shock and I have asked for a clear breakdown of how it is worked out and clear indication where in the paperwork it states those charges.

I can then make an informed choice based upon the figures.

Shame really as I have had a good relationship with AF until this point, and now feel a bit ripped off, however I dare say it wouldn't be any different at any of their competitors.

You live and learn, would mind but I'm not exactly a spring chicken.

Well Skoda insurance would be £116 a year cheaper.

Got over the shock now and will make a choice based on the figures that they email through.

Hi

If you would like me to look into the quotation please feel free to PM me your reference and contact number and I will get someone to call you.

Thanks

Dan

Well Skoda insurance would be £116 a year cheaper.

Got over the shock now and will make a choice based on the figures that they email through.

get a price from Super Fast Car, Home & Travel Insurance | swiftcover.com you will have it done in 2 mins then can post it on here...

What ever you do don't go anywhere near swiftcover, I was unfortunate enough to be insured by them when somebody ran me up the **** at a roundabout, I was unable to use a repair shop I wanted as they would not authorise the labour rate saying that they can get it done for xyz, I won't say the rate as it was a couple of years ago now and I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I was laughed at by every body shop in the south of England!! In the end I took a cash settlement from them and told them politely what they could do with their renewal, unsupprisingly the sales person was not suppreisd.
This was a personal experience you understand and some of you may be very happy with them!!