1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasters on eBay!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by chrisa4quat, Jun 12, 2013.

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

Why are there so many scumbag wasters on eBay. Looking for a car. Been to view one was terrible. Travelled nearly 300 miles round trip to view a misleading car. Rang another one. Sounds dodgy and not returning calls. Item relisted and previous buyer giving bad feedback! Is it really that hard to find a nice example for a reasonable price?
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Yes, if a car is as good as it says why put it on ebay? you are getting at least 20% less than it would normally go for, odd exception of course, IMO
    jojo likes this.
  3. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Active Member

I would only buy a car using eBay if it was the last car in the world and was only for sale on eBay.
  4. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I have been to see some real ebay sh!tters recently but chose to stay local-ish so fortunately didn't waste too much time.

The `decent` ebay cars don't seem to sell because people expect a bargain and these cars seldom meet their reserve.

I just bought as MK2 Golf that was for sale on ebay and that didn`t get close to its reserve. I then contacted the seller and negotiated a price and deal independent of ebay which was more aligned with the cars value.

Good luck.