1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasters on eBay!

chrisa4quat Jun 12, 2013

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

Why are there so many scumbag wasters on eBay. Looking for a car. Been to view one was terrible. Travelled nearly 300 miles round trip to view a misleading car. Rang another one. Sounds dodgy and not returning calls. Item relisted and previous buyer giving bad feedback! Is it really that hard to find a nice example for a reasonable price?

2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Yes, if a car is as good as it says why put it on ebay? you are getting at least 20% less than it would normally go for, odd exception of course, IMO

jojo likes this.
  3. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

I would only buy a car using eBay if it was the last car in the world and was only for sale on eBay.

4. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I have been to see some real ebay sh!tters recently but chose to stay local-ish so fortunately didn't waste too much time.

The `decent` ebay cars don't seem to sell because people expect a bargain and these cars seldom meet their reserve.

I just bought as MK2 Golf that was for sale on ebay and that didn`t get close to its reserve. I then contacted the seller and negotiated a price and deal independent of ebay which was more aligned with the cars value.

Good luck.