1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing Machines

TQS Jan 16, 2007

1. TQS

TQS Member

Yep, i know, not the most glamorous of threads but can anyone recommend a washing machine for about £200?

Are they easy to install?

How do i get rid of the old one (that's half full of water)?

Cheers!

2. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

Will it not drain if you tell it to? IE set it to spin and that should start the drain process....

Failing that - find a retailer who will take the old one, I think some of them do - especially the smaller ones.

If that fails, talk to your local council, they may have a once a week pickup which will take it.

My mum uses a local guy for all her stuff like that - he reconditions washers, dryers, vacuums etc and will take your old one away FOC. he gives up to 2 years warranty on all his stuff, depending on the brand and how old it is.....

3. TQS

TQS Member

4. leshell

leshell New Member

try arggos they have some for that price i think ... council charge £30 per large item where i live ... good luck !!

5. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

The new washing mackine usually have on hose for water in(Cold) and a drain hoses. Older machine have cold and hot water hoses.

Connect them up and plug it in and away it will go.

Should be able to disconnect the drain hose and empty into bucket.

hope this helps.

6. leshell

leshell New Member

isnt this a site bout bhp and speed stc not bigger load and spin cyles lol only joking ...

7. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

Hey - some of the best Italian made cars are recycled Zanussi washing machines. It's amazing what you can get out of a Bosch with a smaller pulley and new V-Belt!!!!

8. leshell

leshell New Member

9. Onlyme

Onlyme Member

Gay Thread warning ############## Gay Thread warning

Cant we talk about planes and conveyor belts please as this thread is a bit gay

10. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

Its more about helping people mate......... unlike your gay comment!

11. unkle

unkle Beer God

Ask the binmen that do your street and slip them a tenner/crate of beer etc

I got rid of 3 skip worths of fir tree for 20 nicker and endless cups of tea once...

12. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Nah, lob it over someone else's garden or torch it...

13. leshell

leshell New Member

hi againhope ya having luck finding a new washer !

14. TQS

TQS Member

Thanks - landlord has given me a £200 budget to get it sorted
    :sm4:

15. TQS

TQS Member

Good idea - my flat backs on to a railway line - think i'll just chuck it on there at about midnight, that way i'll get a decent night's kip

:whistle2:

16. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

right before the screeching of train brakes and then the screaming of people impaled on train wreckage.... ooops my bad?

17. Onlyme

Onlyme Member

Just making sure i have a copy of your quote as I work on the railway :beerchug: REWARD TIME just after christmas