Washing Machines

TQS

Reaction score
Yep, i know, not the most glamorous of threads but can anyone recommend a washing machine for about £200?

Are they easy to install?

How do i get rid of the old one (that's half full of water)?

Cheers!

Will it not drain if you tell it to? IE set it to spin and that should start the drain process....

Failing that - find a retailer who will take the old one, I think some of them do - especially the smaller ones.

If that fails, talk to your local council, they may have a once a week pickup which will take it.

My mum uses a local guy for all her stuff like that - he reconditions washers, dryers, vacuums etc and will take your old one away FOC. he gives up to 2 years warranty on all his stuff, depending on the brand and how old it is.....

try arggos they have some for that price i think ... council charge £30 per large item where i live ... good luck !!

The new washing mackine usually have on hose for water in(Cold) and a drain hoses. Older machine have cold and hot water hoses.

Connect them up and plug it in and away it will go.

Should be able to disconnect the drain hose and empty into bucket.

hope this helps.

isnt this a site bout bhp and speed stc not bigger load and spin cyles lol only joking ...

leshell said:
isnt this a site bout bhp and speed stc not bigger load and spin cyles lol only joking ...

Hey - some of the best Italian made cars are recycled Zanussi washing machines. It's amazing what you can get out of a Bosch with a smaller pulley and new V-Belt!!!!

Gay Thread warning ############## Gay Thread warning

Cant we talk about planes and conveyor belts please as this thread is a bit gay

TQS said:
How do i get rid of the old one (that's half full of water)?

Ask the binmen that do your street and slip them a tenner/crate of beer etc

I got rid of 3 skip worths of fir tree for 20 nicker and endless cups of tea once...

unkle said:
Ask the binmen that do your street and slip them a tenner/crate of beer etc

I got rid of 3 skip worths of fir tree for 20 nicker and endless cups of tea once...

Nah, lob it over someone else's garden or torch it...

LottieA3 said:
Where do you live? I have got one you could have for £50. Its 5 years old. We have just been given a newer one. It works spot on.

Thanks - landlord has given me a £200 budget to get it sorted
:sm4:

A4Quattro said:
Nah, lob it over someone else's garden or torch it...

Good idea - my flat backs on to a railway line - think i'll just chuck it on there at about midnight, that way i'll get a decent night's kip

:whistle2:

right before the screeching of train brakes and then the screaming of people impaled on train wreckage.... ooops my bad?

TQS said:
Good idea - my flat backs on to a railway line - think i'll just chuck it on there at about midnight, that way i'll get a decent night's kip

:whistle2:

Just making sure i have a copy of your quote as I work on the railway :beerchug: REWARD TIME just after christmas