1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing in the rain

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by dipstic, Oct 16, 2007.

1. dipstic

dipstic Member

Have at last got use of my neighbours garage (till Friday) I have just washed the car in the rain (got some funny looks) then dryed if off in between showers and then into the garage.
    Car is only 2 months old and although I have washed it a few times I really want to get a winter polish on it.
    I decided not to take up the dealers option of their £300 plus protective polish but even so I was shocked to find that under actificial light I had two long scratches on the top of both front wings.
    Bit of a relief to find that they are the remains of the protective transport gunk.
    Very surprised that I couldnt see them under daylight conditions and again most of the bodywork feels quite lumpy when doing the hand test so I guess Im going to have to clay it (bugger)
    Lets hope the weather gets better before Friday
  2. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Keep us posted with progress! :icon_thumright:
  3. dipstic

dipstic Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Havent got the time I thought I would have so a quick polish with Autoglym and a tidy up on Friday (wheels etc)
  4. dipstic

dipstic Member

This will have to do for now,not too bad considering very basic polish by hand
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

:cool: Looks really good for a quick polish by hand! :w00t:
  6. dipstic

dipstic Member

Thanks It was all day, but I normally take two days at least I have got a Porter rotary but need a bit more confidence with it:hubbahubba: before I risk the Audi

[​IMG]