Washer Stalk replacement ???

stuart.garlinge

Reaction score
Could someone give me a how to on removing the washer stalk, trying to eliminate why motor isn't working, renewed the motor, it works off a battery so stalk is next, hope it's not a wiring fault, has any one got a washer stalk for sale, cheers stu.

Assume you scanned the car aswell?

Have you checked the water supply piping, its highly unusual for the stalk to go wrong tbh, always wiring, motor, fuse or piping split.

If you activate it, does the water go down at all in reservoir?

It is rare for the stalks to fail, have you checked the basics first like fuse? What kind of stalk you have anyways ? saloon? , estate , dis stalk?

The stalk I'm wanting is is for an 02 avant, washer and dis, tested both window washer motor and headlight washer motor and both work fine with a battery, from what can see wires and plugs are in good order, fuses are ok, so next I'm going to try a stalk. I think I also may have read some where that the fault could be with a relay, car electrics really has me stumped.

I take it you have an Avant then Stuart. If not, do you realise that the stalks for a saloon and an Avant are different?