1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washer Bottle Pumps

tonybolony Jul 31, 2013

1. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

Another job on my Car seen as the engine is out, is fix a leak on my wash bottle, in doing so i also see i have 2 pumps, one halway down into the bottle and the other below at almost the bottom, can somebody tell me which pump is for what please as i noticed the top one is rusty and has a split

2. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

Don't know if the S4 I's the same but on my facelift A4 the lower pump nearest the front is the headlight washer and the other is windscreen.

3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Isnt the lowest one for the screen and the one half way up for the headlights ??

4. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

Maybe mine have been swapped about because the lower one deffo goes to the headlights, but it would make more sense the other way round

5. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

but basically we are saying headlights and Front screen then? my headlight washers dont work, so i am guessing thats the middle one as that pump looks totally foooooked!!

6. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

my next question is can i use an A4 one on a S4?

7. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

Oh and also are the Headlight and the windscreen the same type of pump? , sorry for all the noob questions

8. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

I think the pumps are different as I'm almost certain the windscreen one does the level too. But should be the same between a4/s4

9. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

The level sensor is seperate and is on the side of the bottle, but id expect the headlight one to have a higher pressure out put to engage the actual headlight washer ?? May be wrong though !!

10. nogmeg

nogmeg Member

Lower pump is the headlight pump, upper one is windscreen and both pumps are different.
    just replaced mine recently.