Was after some wheel and tyre advise.

S3 HODGE

Brown passenger seat.
Reaction score
I was wondering what to do as i have a bit of a proplem.
I currently have 4 Pzero tyres on some Inovite 18" wheels but the front 2 tyres are basicly bold and one of the rear tyres has got a slow punchure of some kind.....I saw the prices of most of the half decent tyres on the market in the size i want and thought that maybe easyer just to get a wheel and tyre package?
So what i was thinking was,The LM replicas (common yes but i like them) and i have seen a tyre and package deal for £599 but these are for only budget tyres.
But if my S3 was 270BHP-ish would the budget tires Cope with the power or even last very long?
Or should i just pay about £100 extra for an Avon tyre upgrade?

Thanks.

Get rid of the invot's, go for the LM's with the Avon upgrade.

Just go for the best tyres you can afford IMO.

Jason

Get rid of the invot's, go for the LM's with the Avon upgrade.

Just go for the best tyres you can afford IMO.

Jason

Yea the inovite's were for a 200SX project i was doing, and i ended up buying a set for my A3 and they have done the job very well! great wheels, not the German scene but look good still.
What about the Kumho upgrade? isit worth me paying £50 more for them or £100 for the Avon upgrade?

I had a set of those Kumho Ecsta's a while back they were crap too, if you can afford the avon's go for them.

Just get the best tyres you can afford mate.

J

tyres are your 1 point of contact with the road, so should NEVER be skimped on.....

I'd rather have decent tyres on gash wheels than have to explain to my mates that my 270bhp S3 was in a hedge because I'd bought cheap tyres then it rained.

i used to have avon zz3 tyres, i think they have been dis continued now so i upgraded and went for some goodyear eagle f1 assemetrics, however i had no complaints with the avons. my brother has got some kumho ecstas and i dont really rate them tbh, i would pay the extra as most have already said.

Go for the tyre and package deal, do an upgrade on the tyres and then sell your inovits and who knows you may just break even considering the cost of a whole new set of tyres.

Out of interest, I have got the Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3's and they are excellent!!

Go for the tyre and package deal, do an upgrade on the tyres and then sell your inovits and who knows you may just break even considering the cost of a whole new set of tyres.

Out of interest, I have got the Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3's and they are excellent!!

Thanks guys looks like ill be going for the Avon upgrade and hopeing to sell the inovite's to break even on what 4 tyres would of cost me. After all they havent got one mark on them and polish up very well! So ill do my best to get a half decent price on them.

Also do you recon the tyres would be 225/40/18 or 215/40/18?
And has anyone bought these LM's from BTMotorsprts(i think its called)?

I believe it will be 224/40/18s that you will go for....

Not sure about the wheels, however I might know someone who has a set for sale with tyres too i believe....think he is looking about £700 for them.

Sorry just found out my mates have been sold...

Ok Thanks, well these are £799 Brand new with Avon tyres so i may aswell go for them anyway....
May order them tonight :yes:

I had a set of those Kumho Ecsta's a while back they were crap too, if you can afford the avon's go for them.

Just get the best tyres you can afford mate.

J

In what way were they crap matey? I need 4 new tyres on mine and the Ecstas seem to get pretty good reviews. A mate had them on his Scooby and said they performed pretty well and wear rate was good.

Cheers,
Andy

What's the name of the place you're getting them from Hodge?? I'd be interested in some 18's as I've got 4 225/40/18 avons sat in my garage!

Why not keep your wheels and buy some very good tyres for them. Cheaper than a wheel and tyre package. I paid £420 from Costco for a set of 18" Michelin PS2's, an excellent tyre that copes with the remap very well in all conditions, including snow!

Why not keep your wheels and buy some very good tyres for them. Cheaper than a wheel and tyre package. I paid £420 from Costco for a set of 18" Michelin PS2's, an excellent tyre that copes with the remap very well in all conditions, including snow!

I would but ive been after an excuse to buy new wheels for a while now and think that the LM's would look sweet on Noggy blue :o.k:

I think im going to go for the 18" LM's with the Avon upgrade as anything is better then what i got now as my front two are bold and one of the rear one's has a slow punchture. Better then 6 points if Mr Plod pull's me over. :racer: :busted_cop: