1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrentee

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tomjones333, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tomjones333

tomjones333 New Member

[Jan 29, 2007]
    My warrentee on my a3 has just expired due o the millage, had a look on the net and came across this company called warrenty direct they say they cover everything even wear and tear, read through the small print and cant find anything that seems to put me off, anyone had or got a warrentee with these and if so did you get the back street repair one or the main dealer repair one, there about £100 diffrence, thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Jan 29, 2007]
    Hey mate. I used them on my old S3 and they we're pretty good. Covered the anti roll bushes, coil packs and clutch master cylinder (all common things to go on the old S3) with no problem.
    Just be aware that there is an excess on each claim (but nominal really!) and when I had mine they did not cover ECU's - chekc this though, as I think it was set to change.
    I know this, as the ECU for one of my xenons failed and they would not cover that, and in true fashion, you can't just replace the ECU, nope, you need the whole unit..... £400 thank you very much.... damn it!

All in all ,I'd rate them, they signed repairs off quickly, never questioned anything about the claims and also, the guy I was speaking to tried everything he could to get the headlight through, but couldn't find a loop hole for me, it was the thought that counted though!
    If the garage you go to does not have a relationship with warrenty direct, you can still use them, but you'll ahve to pay for the work, then claim it back, they usually get it back to you within 7-10 working days.

Hope that helps.
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 29, 2007]
    My wife has a warranty with Warranty Direct on her Polo. So far she has made one claim for a new headlight after the adjustment motor failed. No problems with them and they paid up promptly.
  5. lee s3

lee s3 top gear

[Jan 30, 2007]
    this sounds good, what is the price roughly?
  6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Jan 30, 2007]
    By the way, its Warranty.
  7. smee

smee Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Be willing to haggle with Warranty Direct. I got a £100 discount when I told them it was our second car and would only do about 3000 miles per year. Never had to claim for anything but we like the piece of mind that we get knowing that we are covered.
  8. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Of - if you know someone already with them, get them to put you forward - I did this with my Dad and we both got 14 months cover for the cost of 12!!!
  9. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Can't you recomend a friend(s) - as in everyone on here who might be interested??
  10. tomjones333

tomjones333 New Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    dont sound to bad after all might give em a try, did have a longer read last night though and did notice thats its seems to be only certain parts are covered,
  11. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Jan 31, 2007]
    Yeah, but they cover all the BIG expensive bits. Their warranty has to cover all cars, so on premium cars, some things tend to be left out... annoying, but fortunately they should be the small cost things...

On my old car I got my moneys worth out of them:
    * Rear bushes twice - about £500 in total
    * Cluth master cylinder - £250
    * Coil packs x 3 - £700
    + a few other bits and pieces.
    Can't remember exact prices.... but gives you an idea how paying £25 a month can save you from some nasty surprises!!!